Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Refinished Glock 22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Refinished Glock 22

Here's a pic of my newly refinished Glock 22. It took longer than planned but it's worth it.

glock22.jpg  

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #2

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 945

Well that's interesting, and ghostly. I kinda like it but maybe in a darker shade.

Must be nice to have Daniel Defense in your back yard and Glock right up the highway!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #3

How did you do that? Is that design engraved? I saw in another post where a gentleman tree bark stippled his lower reciever and it was badass! I am thinking about doing the same to my G22 but with a tribal/celtic design. Not sure how to go about it though lol

Old 08-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Looks like Durakote.

Snakey snakey................um, to each their own!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #5

Default Stippling/Aldoroth

Aldoroth, to not thread jack, feel free to PM me about stippling. I do it all the time, and it's not hard to do, nor is it hard to mess up, just takes patience.

Thaduece,

That came out wicked! Duracoat I'm guessing.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Very nice!

Old 08-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #7

Yeah, it's Duracoat.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #8

Range Queen or carry gun? I'm hoping it's a range queen. DuraCoat is tough, but there are tougher coatings, but not really any that can be made that badass. I just know Dura starts to show wear after about a year (give or take) or carry.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #9

Neither. I don't carry it but I'll shoot the hell out of it. I actually got a 9mm conversion barrel and competed in my first IDPA comp with it. I love guns but guns are made to shoot...not just to look nice. And the only reason I went with Duracoat instead of a more durable Cerakote is because Dura allows for more "artistic expression".

Old 08-19-2011, 04:07 AM   #10

I feel the same way about firearms but I've started getting interested in wall hangers lol. I love to shoot but there are some that just look like art to me.