Recoil Spring
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Recoil Spring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Recoil Spring

Looking to buy an aftermarket steel guide rod and recoil spring for my Gen 4 Glock 17. Looking to see what you guys would recommend? Please post links if possible. Thanks.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

Old 06-27-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-03 View Post
Looking to buy an aftermarket steel guide rod and recoil spring for my Gen 4 Glock 17. Looking to see what you guys would recommend? Please post links if possible. Thanks.

These people are reliable. I had gotten one for my backup.

Springs for GLOCK Semi-Auto Pistols

Old 06-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #4

Liked 1060 Times on 746 Posts
Likes Given: 1060

Well 3rd party may be tough going for Gen4 but honestly I haven't checked, USMC-03. I'm curious what you turn up, if anything other than Glock itself. I'm thinking about a new RSA for my older Glock 22. I may just go bone stock since the original has worked fine but does show some age (a police trade in so I can only guess the round count). My 23Gen4 is brand new so I'll run it stock for a while.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #5

I replaced my non-metal guide rod with a steel one, don't think it was really needed but just did it. Guess I like spending money on my guns.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #6

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Some people like to complain about the muzzle flip of a Glock. I don't understand it. They are lightweight but I don't think they're any worse than any other polymer framed handgun. I did notice a slight difference when I put a steel guide rod in. I just used the factory spring weight of 17lb. The good thing about the one I have since I do shoot reloads is I can change the weight of spring pretty easily. I'd try the one from the Glock store. $29.99

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy