Ready to graduate from my G26 to .45acp for carry
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Ready to graduate from my G26 to .45acp for carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default Ready to graduate from my G26 to .45acp for carry

Simple opinion thread....

So after roughly 3 years Ive gotten really good (for a non competitive shooter) with my G26 9mm carry gun and looking to finally upgrade to a .45acp for carry. I'm consistently hitting 2-3" groups from 7 yards and about 8" groups from 20 yards. Ive looked at and held dozens of compact 45's ranging from the Springfield XD series to Sig P220 and everything in between including Kahr PM45's. I am staying loyal to Glock because out of all those guns...I still am attracted to the purchase, the dependability, accuracy, and capacity of the Glocks.

So....I narrowed down my options which are the slim Glock 36 that only holds 6+1 and the Glock 30SF (10+1) which is comparable in size to the G19 just thicker. I held the Glock30 SF side by side with my Glock 26 and obviously there is a noticeable size difference.....but all things considered (mentioned above) I think the G30 SF is the absolute PERFECT negotiation in all those areas. I am moving slightly up in size from the Glock36's size but gaining 4 more rounds and I LOVE the purchase on the G30SF. I honestly think it feels better and I have medium sized hands

Anyone with a Glock30 SF care to weigh in? Im already saving up in the meantime, I'm about 90% sure of this decision just looking for feedback

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #2

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
Simple opinion thread....

So after roughly 3 years Ive gotten really good (for a non competitive shooter) with my G26 9mm carry gun and looking to finally upgrade to a .45acp for carry. I'm consistently hitting 2-3" groups from 7 yards and about 8" groups from 20 yards. Ive looked at and held dozens of compact 45's ranging from the Springfield XD series to Sig P220 and everything in between including Kahr PM45's. I am staying loyal to Glock because out of all those guns...I still am attracted to the purchase, the dependability, accuracy, and capacity of the Glocks.

So....I narrowed down my options which are the slim Glock 36 that only holds 6+1 and the Glock 30SF (10+1) which is comparable in size to the G19 just thicker. I held the Glock30 SF side by side with my Glock 26 and obviously there is a noticeable size difference.....but all things considered (mentioned above) I think the G30 SF is the absolute PERFECT negotiation in all those areas. I am moving slightly up in size from the Glock36's size but gaining 4 more rounds and I LOVE the purchase on the G30SF. I honestly think it feels better and I have medium sized hands

Anyone with a Glock30 SF care to weigh in? Im already saving up in the meantime, I'm about 90% sure of this decision just looking for feedback
Had the G36, which was a very accurate great shooting pistol, but I traded it on another gun because I wanted the G30 instead. For the minor size difference having 4 more rounds is the way to go IMO. My G30 is on order as well.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #3

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Awesome Byron, yeah my G30 fund has already begun with a few bucks in it. I just hope they are still readily available in a couple months once I have the cash for it

Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #4

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
Awesome Byron, yeah my G30 fund has already begun with a few bucks in it. I just hope they are still readily available in a couple months once I have the cash for it
Have you joined the Glock Sport Shooters Foundation? You supposedly can get one pistol a year at a steep discount after being a member for a year , or something to that effect. http://gssfonline.com/. In military retired so I am able to use the police/military discount for my Glock purchases.