Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Question the Ghost Ultimate kit (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/question-ghost-ultimate-kit-92892/)

Scratchammo 06-25-2013 06:15 PM

Question the Ghost Ultimate kit

I picked up a Glock 21 & with all Glocks, I hate the trigger. I ordered the Ghost ultimate kit on eBay. What I didn't see prior to ordering is "For competition only". This is my new carry gun. Should I leave off any of the replacement parts for safety reasons?

Scratchammo 06-26-2013 03:16 AM

Nobody in the Glock forum has a clue??

andrewwanca 06-26-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scratchammo
Nobody in the Glock forum has a clue??

Are you asking if you should change your trigger in general?

Scratchammo 06-26-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewwanca (Post 1287081)
Are you asking if you should change your trigger in general?

Just curious if anyone's had a problem with any replacement component provided in the kit & would suggest keeping that stock component installed.

andrewwanca 06-26-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scratchammo

Just curious if anyone's had a problem with any replacement component provided in the kit & would suggest keeping that stock component installed.

Ah got it. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not a Glock purist, so I'm all for changing out the trigger for your carry weapon. Why not make it as smooth as possible? Glock triggers are almost as bad as the M&P series.

I'd look for a trigger that's specifically designed to be on a carry type weapon and go from there. Try the skimmer carry trigger @ www.glocktriggers.com. I've never had a problem with it.

Scratchammo 06-26-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewwanca (Post 1287086)
Ah got it. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not a Glock purist, so I'm all for changing out the trigger for your carry weapon. Why not make it as smooth as possible? Glock triggers are almost as bad as the M&P series.

I'd look for a trigger that's specifically designed to be on a carry type weapon and go from there. Try the skimmer carry trigger @ www.glocktriggers.com. I've never had a problem with it.

It's all good. Thanks for the info.

CHLChris 06-26-2013 03:01 PM

I am a bit of a nervous nellie when it comes to modification on a self-defense pistol. I am always thinking about what could happen in a trial if my choices are scrutinized.

Changing sights is not a problem.
Any well-known ammo manufacturer is fine.

Pistol modifications are something a little different. I've chosen to upgrade my trigger connector to the 3.5-lb Lone Wolf and a stronger trigger spring.

However, if a prosecutor were to question me about why I chose a trigger labeled "for competition only" I'd be very nervous about that line of questioning.

Just my little, humble opinion.

okieboy 06-26-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris (Post 1287343)
I am a bit of a nervous nellie when it comes to modification on a self-defense pistol. I am always thinking about what could happen in a trial if my choices are scrutinized.

Changing sights is not a problem.
Any well-known ammo manufacturer is fine.

Pistol modifications are something a little different. I've chosen to upgrade my trigger connector to the 3.5-lb Lone Wolf and a stronger trigger spring.

However, if a prosecutor were to question me about why I chose a trigger labeled "for competition only" I'd be very nervous about that line of questioning.

Just my little, humble opinion.

I agree. While I hate glock triggers I can work with them. I'd rather deal with the trigger pull than the questions of my motives when they discover replacement parts.

Scratchammo 06-26-2013 03:13 PM

More good info. I see what y'all mean about the legal issues. I haven't gotten it yet, though. Perhaps I could use just the connector which as far as I'm aware of doesn't have such a label. Any experience with the connectors?

Scratchammo 06-26-2013 05:05 PM

Ok, after a bunch of google searches I found this: http://www.makereadyproshop.com/product-p/ghost-35kit.htm

It's the same kit except I ordered mine off of eBay. I guess there's my answer :rolleyes: