Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Purchasing my first Glock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/purchasing-my-first-glock-101687/)

unclefister 12-17-2013 02:04 PM

Purchasing my first Glock

I'm purchasing my first Glock this week and I have decided to go with the Glock 21. Does anyone have any concerns on this piece. I have seen great things about Glock in general. Hopefully this is the one.

SSGN_Doc 12-17-2013 02:14 PM

I'd look into the SF version for the slightly reduced grip size. I bought my 21 a few months before the short frame version came out. Trigger reach is much better on them for folks with medium to small hands.

Even though the grip on mine is fat, it hits where I point it, and hasn't choked on any ammo I've fed it. If you are military you should look for one of the Glock Law Enforcement dealers. They may have specific Glocks for sale to Military, LE, first responders, that are sold at a discount price and come with three mags, instead of the standard packages and prices. The box will have a blue label. If a dealer says they have the LE Glocks and hours doesn't come at a discount, and all three mags, you can report them to Glock. They may lose their dealer status.

KG7IL 12-17-2013 02:31 PM

If it fits YOUR hand and you like the trigger, what's not to like.

We have all read everything there is to know about the Glocks.

New Glock owner check list.
[ ] need gun
[ ] need black, plastic gun
[ ] don't need leg
[ ] need to sharpen knife
[ ] need flute

Hope this helps. It saves a lot of time reading any of the other threads.

MoHawk 12-17-2013 02:39 PM

^^^^ hahahha.

[] Need to summon Unicorn

mopowerbmx 12-17-2013 02:45 PM

The 21 is a great gun. I had a gen4. The grip is a little smaller than the gen3 so it fit my hands pretty good. The trigger pull is smother than my gen3 guns and I could shoot it better. The recoil isn't bad at all. I could get back on target quicker than on my G22. The .40 cal is more snappy while the .45 pushed back.

Quentin 12-17-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1461017)
I'd look into the SF version for the slightly reduced grip size. I bought my 21 a few months before the short frame version came out. Trigger reach is much better on them for folks with medium to small hands.

Even though the grip on mine is fat, it hits where I point it, and hasn't choked on any ammo I've fed it. If you are military you should look for one of the Glock Law Enforcement dealers. They may have specific Glocks for sale to Military, LE, first responders, that are sold at a discount price and come with three mags, instead of the standard packages and prices. The box will have a blue label. If a dealer says they have the LE Glocks and hours doesn't come at a discount, and all three mags, you can report them to Glock. They may lose their dealer status.

OP, excellent info from SSGN-Doc as usual. Most people prefer the short frame version of the G21, it works well for average size hands.

G30USMC 12-17-2013 03:03 PM

The 21 is an outstanding weapon, disregard the "Glock haters", I carry my 21 on duty and can not say enough good things about it !

Eagle1803 12-17-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG7IL (Post 1461025)
If it fits YOUR hand and you like the trigger, what's not to like.

We have all read everything there is to know about the Glocks.

New Glock owner check list.
[ ] need gun
[ ] need black, plastic gun
[ ] don't need leg
[ ] need to sharpen knife
[ ] need flute

Hope this helps. It saves a lot of time reading any of the other threads.

Amen on that! I have a 26, glocks are good guns.:)

chloeshooter 12-17-2013 04:06 PM

my father in law just got HIS first Glock, a G22 Generation3. for free!

turns out one of his buddies decided to rid himself of his gun collection. they say a fool and his money are soon parted, but then again, I wish I had a friend or two like that lol

unclefister 12-17-2013 10:04 PM

I'm a Retired SSG from wounds I suffered in Iraq. I'm really familiar with 1911's and Beretta's. From what your all telling me, the 21 is a bad bitch. I think I'm going to go with it. I will check into the Military pricing at the law enforcement deal. Thanks everyone.