Pround new Glock Owner!!!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Pround new Glock Owner!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 03:37 AM   #11
lkd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Williams View Post

1. Is there a best ammo for break in period?
2. How many bullets are recommended for the break in period?

If there is anything else I should know about breaking the gun in right Please share. I am so thrilled to finally get a glock and learning alot in this forum.
As others have said, there is _zero_ break-in period. Glock owners give collective snickers when they hear of such odd concepts. Now you get to be one of them

BTW, a Glock 19 is an outstanding choice and will serve you well. I encourage you to join a local IPDA now and become "one with the gun". You also might want to consider joining the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation - it's inexpensive AND you can purchase Glocks (one per year) at VERY low prices, plus they have shooting matches for all levels around the country.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Williams View Post
I am going to pick up my new Glock 19 tomorrow and am so excited. My first gun was was a kel-tec p-11 and was 100% reliable through 200 rounds. I shot a glock the other day and loved it. I knew I had to get rid of that looonnnggg trigger pull with the p11 and move up to Glock. So after looking at all models this weekend I decided the Glock 19 was right for me. the 17 was to large and the 26 handle was too small for my hands. The 19 just felt right to me. I would love to hear any positive comments about this gun. Had a few questions:

1. Is there a best ammo for break in period?
2. How many bullets are recommended for the break in period?

If there is anything else I should know about breaking the gun in right Please share. I am so thrilled to finally get a Glock and learning a lot in this forum.
First I want to welcome you to the Glock owners society.
I have both 17 and 19 and both are fine guns.
I just knew when I bought my 17 that I was going to hate it and didn't know why the ....... I was buying it. Well as we all know. I was wrong about not liking it. I liked it so well that I bought the 19 and replaced my Astra, My favorite gun, with the 19.

As for ammo, what ever is cheapest. And rounds I personally go 500 on all guns. That is more I just like to shoot, than the guns needing 500 rounds through them.
Heck I have to have some excuse to buy all that ammo.
But if you get 200 problem free rounds through it. It is probably good to go. I have never had a problem out of either Glock and I have put more rounds than I can count through them.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:04 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've been thinking about buying a Glock 22 for a while now, not because its a Glock, but for the availability of accessories(magazines, holsters, and that neat looking carbine kit). I'm left handed, and just about all the left handed holsters I found fit either a Sig, 1911, or Glock.
I was lucky enough to find a left handed SERPA holster from BLACKHAWK to fit my XD9.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #14

Another G19 owner! You are going to enjoy it. I use Federal 124gr for most of my range trips, UMC, RWS it will eat anything you feed it. Congrats!