Precision sights?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Precision sights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Precision sights?

I am looking to upgrade my G26 next month and be done with it before I move to my next glock. I am putting in a fulcrum trigger, extended slide release, and a sight set.

The problem I have is with the sights. Glock sights are generally wide and cover a lot of area. I'm looking for something that's a little thinner and more precise. Night sights would be good. I've even considered some ghost ring sights, because even though they're less precise I get a fast sight picture in the general area. I'd like something with fast sight picture, but generally accuracy is the area of concern.

Any recommendations?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Many posts regarding night sights.... Check them out to see what others have said.

A lot of people seem to like the Ghost Ring sights, but I am not a fan of them. I really like my Truglo TFO sights. I can get pretty tight groups(~2") at seven yards with them. Trijicon night sights are pretty decent too. I have them on my duty pistol, and can usually shoot tighter groups with them (longer sight radius comes into play though). What ever you get, be sure to practice, practice, practice. I do a lot of dry fire exercises in front of the TV with both styles of sights.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A lot of the night sights also are bulky. It's not really a problem to center the front sight, but for a slightly longer shot it's hard to determine where the center of the sight is. If it were a thinner sight it would be much easier.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

What about the Dawson sight set,or the Heinie sight set, with the fibre optic filaments for the front sight? I find the fibre optic filaments are better than the original glock front sight as it allows me to see the target better.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #5

Default Well, this is what I use...

Trijicon tritium night sights- they're easy to see, index is better as the front sight is surrounded by orange for daylight, and the tritium tubes are certainly bright enough for night time...

I like them much better than the original, no longer available, factory night sights, that came on my G21s and G30s...

Glockcurmudgeon, out...

"You can kill a free man, you can't enslave him." -Robert Anson Heinlein- American Patriot

Shot placement is king, yes. But penetration is queen, and a wide wound channel is the ace in the hole. -Cuda66

Μολὼν λαβέ (Molōn labe!)

Last edited by Glockcurmudgeon; 12-28-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: clarity