Post up your favorite Glock pics - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Post up your favorite Glock pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 03:27 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Here's another pic of my G22

photo.jpg  

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #52

And here's my wife's G19.

photo-1.jpg  

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Old 07-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #53

In case you're wondering, here's their website. 7.62 Precision. It took a lil longer than they originally told me but it was worth it. A note about the Arctic Snakeskin: it makes the slide feel a bit textured. It's not slick. Kinda cool. And the grip is bit tackier.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:46 AM   #54

Liked 410 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce View Post
In case you're wondering, here's their website. 7.62 Precision. It took a lil longer than they originally told me but it was worth it. A note about the Arctic Snakeskin: it makes the slide feel a bit textured. It's not slick. Kinda cool. And the grip is bit tackier.
Those both look pretty awesome, even the Louis V. actually!

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #55

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

The glock store has a service now that lets you send your gun in and dip it. They have designs like carbon fiber, snakeskin, American flag etc etc. Check it out. If I remember right I think its about $150 to get done

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #56

Yeah, it's $125 for the slide, $150 for the frame or $250 for both. It doesn't say what kind of coating it is. Must be Duracoat. I don't know if you can CeraKote guns with that kind of detail. I'll send them an email and see what I can find out.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #57

Liked 410 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Wow that's awesome! I had no idea Glock did that.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 07-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #58

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce
Yeah, it's $125 for the slide, $150 for the frame or $250 for both. It doesn't say what kind of coating it is. Must be Duracoat. I don't know if you can CeraKote guns with that kind of detail. I'll send them an email and see what I can find out.
How durable is the coating with heat and scratches? I thought about doing the frame or just doing the slide. I think the two tone look would be pretty cool looking

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 07-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #59

Well I got an email from GlockStore saying that it was a dipping process and that the mfgrs warranty is 2 years. Not really sure if it holds up to abuse though. Some coatings are meant only to be looked at. The various kinds of Duracoat and Cerakote are made to be used. I'm not sure but I think Cerakote is the toughest.

Not sure about this coating but Cerakote is really good. Look here. If you are going to make simple colors and patterns, Cerakote is probably the way to go.

Duracoat is good as well and allows the finisher to get creative with the patterns applied to the weapon. Here are a couple of places for Duracoat info...

Here...

And here.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:19 AM   #60

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

I may be out of line to voice out in a Glock forum not having one of my own, but the dipping process they speak of is hydrographics or hydrodipping. It's a very cool process to see in action. Essentially a film is floated on top of a tank of water(or similiar fluid) and then the item to be dipped is thrust down into the tank. The film transfers to the surface of the dipped item. It is not duracoat, cerakote, or any other spray on material. They do a lot of paintball markers with this process and all reports I have read would indicate that it is pretty durable, not milspec permanent, but good longevity...

I am not affiliated with the company cited above, just a good example of the variety of items that people are dipping these days...