Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Possible problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Possible problem?

When I insert a mag into my Gen4 model 22 my weapon starts rattling when you move it a certain way. It's pretty loud but it hasn't given me any problems when I've shot it. I didn't know if it was some malfunction or not. My Gen3 model 22 does the same thing but it doesn't rattle near as much. Input would greatly ease my mind!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #2

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Pretty sure it's normal, both of mine have a rattle to 'em. Factory mags?

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #3

Yes they are

Old 01-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #4

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Its normal, every glock ive had does the same thing

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #5

What you're heading is probably the striker moving around. If you cock the pistol does it do it?

When the trigger is in the rearward position, meaning the weapon isnt cocked, the trigger bar depresses the striker safety allowing the striker to move back and forth. It's totally normal.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #6

Yes it's when I have one in the chamber ready to fire. I'm pretty sure it does it when the trigger Is pulled to like if I'm dry firing

Old 01-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7
What you're heading is probably the striker moving around. If you cock the pistol does it do it?

When the trigger is in the rearward position, meaning the weapon isnt cocked, the trigger bar depresses the striker safety allowing the striker to move back and forth. It's totally normal.

-Fred
+1 Fred is correct... But...

Could also be the rounds in the magazine moving, slap the bottom of the mag and reinsert it to check if there's the "rattle" as it's commonly referred to... The rounds don't all sit flush and perpendicular to the bottom mag plate due to the angle of the mag, the rounds towards the bottom of the mag sit facing slightly downward and the rounds at the top sit facing slightly upward so they can hit the feed ramp to be put into battery... The result leaves 1 or 2 rounds in the middle of the mag loose fitting and can cause rattle, smacking the bottom of the mag will make it go away

Really a non issue though as both the firing pin freely moving and the mag rattle doesn't hinder performance at all when it makes noise