Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > PDX1's are a NO GO!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear
just saw this, why not just use a 12 gauge with some 00 buck... but damn I have never seen anything take 8 rounds of .40 and still keep running.
I'm sure the OP would have used something better, but the pistol is what he had on hand at the moment.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #22

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsavy
@purehavoc 1st of all don't start with that troll bs. I just have a difference in opinion which I know it about as popular as being a troll. 2nd I'm not for or against peta. And as far as property damage its called a fence trust me they work.
You must have never heard of dillo derby before

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by afi1 View Post
$10 worth of anti-social ammo is a metric **** ton cheaper than fencing a 15 acre field/yard, or a 500 acre farm for that matter. You sir, are a jackass. And a headshot would have been nice, but with a Glock in one hand, a POS Maglite in the other, pitch darkness and on the run- it's wishful thinking.
I don't think name calling is really in order here. Everyone who has commented on this subject has manage to do so with out profanity. As as a senior member this can not be the first time someone has disagreed with you and I expected you to handle yourself a little better. But since you took a photo of yourself next a dead animal who was probably looking for food on property you or whoever owns obviously can't afford to maintain, I should expect a knee jerk reaction type comment. The bottom line is this, there are other options that can be taken to rectify the issue. As a matter of fact there is a whole website dedicated to armadillo FAQ's (which I just discovered ) with what it states are inexpensive solutions to the problem and don't involve shooting. Maybe if you and it seems everyone else weren't so eager to get their gun off you'd pull your head out of your ass long enough to search for a better answer. Listen l like guns as much as the next person but taking the life of any living creature is not something I would do and make light of. This is it on my end.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #24

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

"sigh"......well then..

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #25

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Don't worry about that guy. You did the right thing killing it. Can't really say I agree with the disposal method, but as long as it's well away from any homes, whatever. Dillos are like rats and mice, there's no need for any one to get their feathers ruffled over killing one.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsavy View Post
...long enough to search for a better answer.
Maybe some studded snow tires & some ground clearance next time.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #27

Oh I'm not worried about that guy, and it takes a whole lot more than that to ruffle my feathers. 6 years in Combat Arms, deployments and being a police officer has built up an "armadillo" like skin. If he thinks my pointing out that he is a jackass is a knee jerk reaction, then he's got another thing coming. I grew up in the woods. I've been shooting cow birds (because they're pests) since I was 5. I killed my first beaver at 7 (because they're pests). I usually kill a few coyotes a year (because they're pests) and wild dogs (you guessed it, because they're pests). Anyone who disagrees with that needs an education on life. And I've been thinking about it, and the only thing I can come up with as a sure fire way to knock an armadillo out would be a 12g shotgun with some 00 Buck. Whoever suggested that, I think we're on the same page. Again, the G23 was on my hip, where it always is, and that's all I had.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20865 Times on 11859 Posts
Likes Given: 52398

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm sure the OP would have used something better, but the pistol is what he had on hand at the moment.
i agree, but sometimes you just use whats available. armadillos have some tough hide. i have seen them roll up in a ball and dogs roll them around!

Old 11-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
They would never be able to get the stench out. runbarfthroughmynosetokillthesmellohlawdy
what stench! the smell of dead armadillos in the hot afternoon!

Old 11-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
"sigh"......well then..
Amen, Brother.