Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > PDX1's are a NO GO!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsavy
I'm sorry bro but chasing helpless animals through the woods just to shoot them is cold. Since you like seeing what bullets do to flesh and wasting food maybe you should go the market and buy somthing already dead. The only reason an animal should be killed is if it poses a threat or for food, not digging holes. Not cool
This is a "NO ARMY DILLARD" zone...if you take care of your yard like i do..i dont like walking outside in the morning and seeing half my once nice green yard all rooted up.. Thats why i started the ARMY DILLARD TASK FORCE.. The patch for the BDUs are pretty cool... :-P

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-17-2011, 03:09 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

@purehavoc 1st of all don't start with that troll bs. I just have a difference in opinion which I know it about as popular as being a troll. 2nd I'm not for or against peta. And as far as property damage its called a fence trust me they work.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:42 AM   #13

Default Okay, I've read all the posts on this thread...

Most important was not handling, or being extremely careful, to handle the carcass with all due precautions and seriousness... Diseases are nothing to screw around with...

However, the .40 S&W cartridge, to my way of thinking, is NOT the "end all, be all" cartridge that the FBI or various LEO agencies propound... To me, the best of the semi-autos devolve to just two calibers... 10mm and my favorite, the .45acp. Anything less than either of these superb cartridges is unsatisfactory...

The 10mm is the hardest hitting of the standard semi-auto cartridges. No, it's not a .44 Remington Magnum being shot out of a Desert Eagle. It is a cartridge designed for a specific family of handguns, those that are using the 10mm cartridge. As such, it has no equal... Oh, there are Auto-Mags out there, but that is not what can be considered "mainstream."

The .45acp has been turning "bad guys" into good fertilizer, since 1911...

Both cartridges are accurate, perform flawlessly, and "take-out the trash" admirably...

When you care enough to deploy or employ the very best, either cartridge will respond expeditiously to whatever threat before it...

Glocks in whatever caliber, for when it's absolutely necessary to terminate your target/tango, no hassle, no fuss, no muss... Like the commercial for Ginsu Knives, "Slice, dice, julienne fry, GINSU!!!"

No prisoners, no hesitation, no remorse... Kill 'em all, and let God sort 'em out...

Glockcurmudgeon, out...

"You can kill a free man, you can't enslave him." -Robert Anson Heinlein- American Patriot

Shot placement is king, yes. But penetration is queen, and a wide wound channel is the ace in the hole. -Cuda66

Μολὼν λαβέ (Molōn labe!)

Last edited by Glockcurmudgeon; 11-17-2011 at 03:43 AM. Reason: accuracy

Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsavy View Post
And as far as property damage its called a fence trust me they work.
I want some of what you are smoking! A fence to keep out armadillo's, that is laughable. The damn things are dangerous even when dead; i knew a guy whose dog died due to internal injuries from eating some of the dillo shell.

I will admit to sparing one 'dillo; i wasn't about to get that all over my bumper and didn't have pistol with me.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:35 AM   #15

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

I want some of what you are smoking! A fence to keep out armadillo's, that is laughable. The damn things are dangerous even when dead; i knew a guy whose dog died due to internal injuries from eating some of the dillo shell.

I will admit to sparing one 'dillo; i wasn't about to get that all over my bumper and didn't have pistol with me.
As far as I know, the fence that keeps out armadillos hasn't been invented yet. At least not a presentable one, and as is the case with all fences the gate is the weak point, and I know the armadillo proof gate hasn't been invented yet. I used to sell gates. And the damn things will chew right through chicken wire. No, the best thing is to shoot them, put on rubber gloves, bag the animal and the gloves, burn the bag, bleach your hands, and immediately wash your clothes. And if you have pets or kids, bleach the ground where they bled out.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #16

Quote:
@purehavoc 1st of all don't start with that troll bs. I just have a difference in opinion which I know it about as popular as being a troll. 2nd I'm not for or against peta. And as far as property damage its called a fence trust me they work.
$10 worth of anti-social ammo is a metric **** ton cheaper than fencing a 15 acre field/yard, or a 500 acre farm for that matter. You sir, are a jackass. And a headshot would have been nice, but with a Glock in one hand, a POS Maglite in the other, pitch darkness and on the run- it's wishful thinking.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19572 Times on 11108 Posts
Likes Given: 49272

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by afi1 View Post
$10 worth of anti-social ammo is a metric **** ton cheaper than fencing a 15 acre field/yard, or a 500 acre farm for that matter. You sir, are a jackass. And a headshot would have been nice, but with a Glock in one hand, a POS Maglite in the other, pitch darkness and on the run- it's wishful thinking.
gunsavy, you must not know much about armardillos, they seem to be able to get through most fencing and most people who have lots of property tend to use barb wire, and they can and do a lot of damage to property and the property damage can break a horses or cows leg sometimes. IMO, afi1 could have used a better choice of weapon to eliminate the pest, but sometimes you use what you have on hand. myself, if i happen upon them, i just give em a quick kick in the tail, and they run off. but that's just my way of dealing with them.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #18

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

just saw this, why not just use a 12 gauge with some 00 buck... but damn I have never seen anything take 8 rounds of .40 and still keep running.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 11-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19572 Times on 11108 Posts
Likes Given: 49272

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
just saw this, why not just use a 12 gauge with some 00 buck... but damn I have never seen anything take 8 rounds of .40 and still keep running.
maybe they need to make bulletproof vests out of armadillo hide instead of kevlar!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
maybe they need to make bulletproof vests out of armadillo hide instead of kevlar!
They would never be able to get the stench out. runbarfthroughmynosetokillthesmellohlawdy

Dead Bears, the only good kind.