Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Our troops need to carry Glocks

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Oh brother... here we go again. Fair warning, if this turns into fanboys saying my [insert gun here] is better than your [insert gun here], this will get closed.
Well, my gun IS better than your gun. since its mine, right?

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

One of the requirements in the Beretta contract was for the M9 to be built in the US. That being said Glock might not want to built a plant in the US. If you look at the mil specs required Glock would have to build a totally new gun from scratch. With no safeties It will never make it as a service pistol for our troops. There is nothing wrong with the M9. 9mm may be on the light side compared to the 45acp I still would not like to be on the receiving end of a 9mm. My 1911 holds 8 + 1 my 92 15 + 1. I know the old saying 1911 because shooting twice is a waste of ammo. But If SHTF I know I will empty the 1911.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 01-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #23

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUSA View Post
Our troops need to carry Glocks
Agreed. They need to carry them to the gun safe, place it on the shelf, then pick up their 1911 and take it on duty.

Glocks are great weapons, but you simply cannot argue with 100 years of dedicated service & tradition that have produced results as good and unmatched as the 1911.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #24

Glock could easily slide mount a safety without any redesign. The aftermarket safety works, but I'm sure it could be done better.

Be honest with you, I'm not sure Glock wants am Army contract, or they'd have already done it.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #25

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
How many profiles do you have here?
Wondering the same
One too many mabe

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2577 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Fan Boys! You cannot tell them anything so why try?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #27

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
Glock could easily slide mount a safety without any redesign. The aftermarket safety works, but I'm sure it could be done better.

Be honest with you, I'm not sure Glock wants am Army contract, or they'd have already done it.
I really have to tend to agree on this. They have a good product and good marketing. They seem to be every where they want to be, just like my american express. Except I wasn't always the one using my american express in those places I wished I were, but you get the point.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #28

Liked 4513 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUSA View Post
This is my first and only account and I am just stating an opinion men. I don't care who gets mad or not but this is just a cell phone app to me that I can talk about guns on. I like the 9mm and I like the od green or a sand color would be tight. I'm just not liking a .45 with 8 rounds when I could be using a smaller faster caliber with a much higher fighting capacity. Plus the gear and weight if the gun. I mean its a valid point right?
Hmm...

Sure sounds like Glock17OD? Poking the bear a few more times should provide proof.

TACK

Old 01-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Hmm...

Sure sounds like Glock17OD? Poking the bear a few more times should provide proof.

TACK
Just waiting for the "if you don't like it go away" he coined in his locked threads.

I love my Glocks as much as my HK's, Colts, CZ's.......

Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #30
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1705 Times on 930 Posts
Likes Given: 541

I have owned several Glocks and the only one I have kept is the G36. The one thing I like is the weight for carry and the G36 is the only one that fits my hand. I like my XD much better but it is too heavy. I have not handled the new Gen 4's. I might still have my 19 & 23 if I had known about the companies that reshape the grips. That being said, I do not believe the Glock would be an improvement over the M9. The only improvement would be carry weight and the M9 has a better grip. Also the M9 can be easily single loaded in a pinch.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Closed Thread