Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Our troops need to carry Glocks

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The colt 1911 is the most tried and tested semi-automatic pistol there is to day and it hasn't changed much in 101 years.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #12

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
How many profiles do you have here?
Now Trip, you aren't insinuating that this here feller is our old friend GLOCK17OD?

I was going to suggest the od g17e just to be slick, but he did it in his OP.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #13

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

Now Trip, you aren't insinuating that this here feller is our old friend GLOCK17OD?

I was going to suggest the od g17e just to be slick, but he did it in his OP.
Lol, not specifically, but it seems that there have been a few new users with similar names, avatars, and especially fanboy posts such as this (and yeah, GLOCK17OD came to mind immediately), but on top of that, none of these new users are ever signed on at the same time! No biggie if its just two, but I think there are around 5 fitting that profile. Curiouser and curiouser.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #14

This is my first and only account and I am just stating an opinion men. I don't care who gets mad or not but this is just a cell phone app to me that I can talk about guns on. I like the 9mm and I like the od green or a sand color would be tight. I'm just not liking a .45 with 8 rounds when I could be using a smaller faster caliber with a much higher fighting capacity. Plus the gear and weight if the gun. I mean its a valid point right?

Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #15

I tend to lean toward the Browning HP design and the Beretta line. Hell if they could give them HK USPs that's be an amazing sidearm.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think the the soldiers should get to choose what they want to use. Hell, they r putting their life on the line. A really thin line that it be. So why not let them choose from a select few. Like Glock, 1911, sig, beretta, Hk, Springfield. I think they would much appreciate that more. Oh and def a .40 or .45. Possibly .357sig. I wouldn't go into Mideast with a 9mm. Screw that. But I guess to our country lives come a dime a dozen huh, and ammo is more expensive than that. Just my 2cnts

Old 01-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #17

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I don't like glocks at all hate them, but I tend agree with a change in what rounds they use the 9mm is great for some things but I still think a 40 plus sized round would do the job better. As my gramps us to say if you have to use your side arm something or someone f**ked up... I tend to agree, I would rather have 8 rounds of something that puts someone down in one or two rounds then 18 or something that might take 4 or more. I don't like glocks because of the polymer frame that they use on the weapon I prefer steel or at least heavy duty aluminum because if you ever get to the point where I have to use my weapon as a melee weapon I want something with the extra weight.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 01-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #18

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

You really need to understand the history of why we carry pistols to combat and how often one is discharged there to make this decision. Pistols were originally meant for officers to hold so they could command and were most often used on deserters initially. Today they are given to basically the same people, officers, SNCOs and people it would be impractical to give a rifle to. I've carried a pistol to combat twice in a leadership position and was never concerned. At this point, you give it to guys who dont have a use for a rifle just because you don't want to give him nothing. In places where close combat is likely and pistol rounds might count such special forces, they aren't carrying an M9. All that being said I'm confident I can kill a man at the same or longer distance with my M9 as I could with my 1911.

Glocks would be bad choice for the military I think because of the range of experience we have using. Everyday in the military someone picks up a pistol for the first time. I think if that pistol was a glock rather than an M9 negligent discharges would increase exponentially. The Glock is a fine pistol and it's lack of an external safety is great for police officers whose life rests solely on that pistol. In the case of the military soldier though, he's typically surrounded by rifles who engage the enemy between 50-200 yards on a regular day. Plenty of time to "click off safe".

The last thing I'll mention is the price of ammunition. Increasing the cost of rounds by even a dollar a box would be devastating to a military budget and would be compensated by a reduction in training. Trust me, no one wants that.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well said pfev

Old 01-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #20
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Oh brother... here we go again. Fair warning, if this turns into fanboys saying my [insert gun here] is better than your [insert gun here], this will get closed.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Closed Thread