Original Glock Parts Kits - $19.88 Cabela's
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Original Glock Parts Kits - $19.88 Cabela's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Default Original Glock Parts Kits - $19.88 Cabela's

Saw this mentioned on another forum, Original Glock Parts Kits - $19.88. Good deal, their normal price is $59.99. I just ordered one for my G22. If you have it shipped to your local store there is no shipping charge, just local tax which you'd have to pay anyway if Cabela's is in your state.

"Kit contains the following: recoil spring assembly, minus collector (sic - connector), two followers, two magazine floorplates, two magazine springs, trigger pin, trigger housing pin, locking block pin, trigger spring, extended slide stop* and extended magazine catch*."

Not for Gen 4

Cabela's: Original Glock Parts Kits

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Not worth to get IMO

The only part I've replaced in over 15k rnds is the slide stop due to slide stop spring failure.

But if you want to have parts laying around it's a good price.................

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 10-07-2011, 04:51 AM   #3

I figure it's well worth it for the RSA and guts to two magazines. The extra parts aren't bad to have around. I have a crappy Korean magazine that doesn't feed well and am curious if Glock parts will fix that.

I am curious about the extended slide stop and mag release.

Anyway, it's a great price for all those parts.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Price is great for OEM parts

The extended slide release is worth having, specially for a girl or weak person, thou I can operate the original pretty well, the extended is a big improvement in operation.

The extended mag release, I hate mine, used for a few weeks and removed mine since I found that it activates itself while carrying my gun and more than 1 time I found my mag "released" when I was removing my gun from my waist (IWB).

As for your mags, check if those are metal lined, if not, go out and spend a few bucks on OEM, you'll love them from the start. I hope you fix you mag problems.

As said before, the price is really good, but if you will never need the parts, then why get them.

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 10-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #5

I have ten Glock G22 mags so those are fine. The lousy one is KCI and won't feed worth a darn. But the magazine body itself is metal lined and drops free unlike other KCIs. It's the follower and spring that seem to be the problem so I'm curious if the factory guts solve that issue. (Though I'd never trust it for anything but range use.)

And I want the spare RSA so at $20 this was a deal. You're right though that most other parts never break in a Glock. It is easy to lose a pin or spring though.

______

Old 10-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #6

I forgot to update here. I got the Glock parts kit and it was well worth the cost for the extra parts. The extended slide stop went on my G23 and is easier to operate than the stock part. The magazine parts did not make the KCI magazine 100% but I'm glad to have spare internals for my Glock mags. Also happy to have a spare G22 RSA.

______