Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Opinions Needed on buying a Glock 30sf (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/opinions-needed-buying-glock-30sf-9001/)

Wonder Dog 12-07-2008 04:45 PM

Opinions Needed on buying a Glock 30sf

Shooters: I am a new member to your forum & welcome your opinions.
I am extremely interested in the Glock 30sf. A short bio on me -Marine Corp Veteran, & happily married! Both my wife & myself shoot our Glock 19, Glock 23, and Sig Sauer 239-9mm.
My question involves purchasing a Glock 30sf. Our local range does'nt rent this handgun but my wife and I have held this handgun and like the way it fits our hands. This handgun would be used for both plinking targets at our range and protecting our home.
My concerns are -(1) realiability in functioning
(2) felt recoil
(3) accuracy
(4) double taps-how fast
(5) thoughts you may have on this handgun

Thank-you for your thoughts & time!:wavey

Dillinger 12-07-2008 05:28 PM

Welcome to the Forum -

I'm not personally a fan of the Glocks at all, but there are plenty here with a lot of knowledge who are more than willing to help out a fellow shooter.

The lads will be along shortly to help you out I am sure.

JD

chopkick 12-07-2008 06:14 PM

Actually this very handgun will be my next purchase.
As far as funtioning goes; as good as any other quality firearm. I carry the model 19 on duty and have never had a problem.
Felt recoil; may be a little stiff for the lady but nothing she or a marine can't handle.
Accuracy and double taps; very good to excellent.
Personal thoughts; refer to my opening sentence.
Good luck

Wonder Dog 12-07-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopkick (Post 54537)
Actually this very handgun will be my next purchase.
As far as funtioning goes; as good as any other quality firearm. I carry the model 19 on duty and have never had a problem.
Felt recoil; may be a little stiff for the lady but nothing she or a marine can't handle.
Accuracy and double taps; very good to excellent.
Personal thoughts; refer to my opening sentence.
Good luck

Thank-you for your post. The way I see it --if my wife & I can handle the recoil of the G23 -then the G30sf should be fun to shoot.

Bighead 12-15-2008 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonder Dog (Post 54530)
Both my wife & myself shoot our Glock 19, Glock 23, and Sig Sauer 239-9mm.

My question involves purchasing a Glock 30sf. Our local range does'nt rent this handgun but my wife and I have held this handgun and like the way it fits our hands. This handgun would be used for both plinking targets at our range and protecting our home.
My concerns are

(1) realiability in functioning

On par with other Glocks. You shouldn't have a problem here.

Quote:

(2) felt recoil

Worse than your 19, similar to your 23 but not as snappy.

Quote:

(3) accuracy

Again, on par with Glock. IMO the .45 will perform better than your .40

Quote:

(4) double taps-how fast

You will probably find time on target to be similar to your M23.

Quote:

(5) thoughts you may have on this handgun

An excellent addition to your collection of mid-sized Glock pistols. Also welcome to the forum.

sgtdeath66 12-15-2008 06:33 PM

the 30 is a very fine weapon. the recoil is not as bad as you would think. when i was taking my ccw course thats the gun i used because it was very easy to handle. the sherrifs that were teaching the class wanted to shoot mine just to see what it felt like, and they were very suprised at the handling the one actually tryd to get me to trade him my 30 for his 9mm sub compact. unfortunatly for him it was a no-go. as for double taps very easy to do. i dont think the wife will have any trouble with felt recoil. i say buy it, i wish i still had mine, but i had a dumb-a$$ attack and did a stupid trade. hope this helps