Opinion on Glock26 Gen4 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Opinion on Glock26 Gen4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7

You're saying that a 9mm is inferior without showing any proof that the 40 S&W is superior. In reality, all duty handgun calibers suck.

-Fred
Bigger caliber, heavier bullet, equal velocity (with correct ammo)... all without giving up much magazine capacity. What more do you want? But i still wouldnt volunteer to get shot with a .380 either...

Old 03-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #12

Quote:

You're saying that a 9mm is inferior without showing any proof that the 40 S&W is superior. In reality, all duty handgun calibers suck.

-Fred
Saying all duty calibers suck is a subjective statement. Where is the proof?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyG27

Saying all duty calibers suck is a subjective statement. Where is the proof?
You could say its subjective, but it's not only my opinion either. I can't post links right now because I'm on my phone, but ANYONE who knows their stuff will tell you that a pistol is what you use to fight your way to a rifle or shotgun.

Most handgun calibers are sub-par self defense rounds at best when compared to long guns. However, long guns are, well long, so people compromise by developing and carrying handguns because they're convenient.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #14

All I'm saying is don't get hung up on caliber. Shoot what you're comfortable with. Don't listen to what anyone tells you you should be shooting, because in the end you know what's best for you, and they know what's best for them.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Last edited by FCross7; 03-21-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #15

Quote:
All I'm saying is don't get hung up on caliber. Shoot what you're comfortable with. Don't listen to what anyone tells you you should be shooting, because in the end you know what's best for you, and they know what's best for them.

-Fred
Now that's better advice! Lol. I still say if your looking at a 26 you might as well try the 27 on for size.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:

-Fred
yes that is exactly what im saying.... poor shot placement with a .40 is a whole lot more effective than poor shot placement with a 9mm..... but I also agree with ya on the fact that all pistol rounds are kinda worthless when compared with other rounds

good luck carrying a 12 gauge around all day

Last edited by cakesterkiller; 03-21-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #17

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesterkiller View Post
yeah ya can just need a new barrel and mags..... and ejector if ya going from 9mm to .40
Changing the ejector every time you want to switch calibers sounds like fun. Also you want the newer three pin frame if you try to go up from 9mm to 40/357. Makes much more sense to go with the sure thing, down instead of hoping you can go up.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1973 Times on 1068 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Get the round that is comfortable for you to shoot. If you are comfortable shooting the 40 then get a 40. Try it before you buy it though. The lighter recoil of the 9mm will allow you to get aimed multiple shots faster then the heavier more powerful 40 S&W on the same light weight platform. A lot of people do not like the snap of the 40 on light small frame pistols. It is easier to control the 40 on heavier pistols than the lighter ones. I gauge caliber by the weight of the pistol. Lighter calibers for lighter pistols and heavier calibers for heavier pistols. Control, speed and accuracy are more important than size.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesterkiller View Post
yes that is exactly what im saying.... poor shot placement with a .40 is a whole lot more effective than poor shot placement with a 9mm..... but I also agree with ya on the fact that all pistol rounds are kinda worthless when compared with other rounds

good luck carrying a 12 gauge around all day
I don't believe that a bad shot with either a 9mm or a 40 cal. (10mm) is going to make any difference. Shot placement is what stops the fight, you can not justify that 1mm makes any difference, and with modern bullets the difference is not measurable.

Ruger SR1911 45acp
Ruger GP-100 4"
Ruger LCP
Kahr PM9
Glock 26 gen 4
S&W 642
Ruger Mark III 22lr
High Standards 9 shot revolver

Old 03-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #20

Default Glock 26

I own a Glock 19 and a G-26.