Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Open carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/open-carry-69697/)

glockaholic 08-05-2012 07:07 PM

Open carry

I open carry a glock 22 with Blackhawk holster and uncle mike double mag holder. Just post what ever you want about open carry.

SSGN_Doc 08-05-2012 08:48 PM

I'm not a big open carry fan, but it sounds like decent gear. I like BladeTech mag holders and Crossbreed holsters and also have a Don Hume JIT slide for range use with my Glocks.

If I were to open carry it would probably go in the BBQ gun category and I'd like a nice Stingray skin holster for my 1911 if I was going for that kind of flash.

Riverg420 08-05-2012 08:51 PM

I open carry about 50% of the time

glockaholic 08-05-2012 10:21 PM

Open carry is awesome I'd rather let people know I'm packing then have to pull it out. Example" I was walking with my wife opening carrying downtown indianapolis and a group of thugs walked by us and saw what I had and strolled by looked said nothing. Another time when I was conceal carrying a group of thugs try to pick a fight with me let me remind you my wife is six months pregnant, I pulled it out charged it and they ran off!!

partdeux 08-05-2012 10:30 PM

XDm - factory kit holster about 1/3 of the time
1/3 in a cross breed IWB with shirt tucked in
1/3 shirt covering

SSGN_Doc 08-05-2012 11:25 PM

It can be awesome, or it can make you a target to be eliminated early, because they now know where the gun is.

It does make dressing easier if you aren't trying to hide it. Open carry is legal here in Georgia, but the only time I open carry is at the range, or when hunting or fishing.

I've got Glocks of various sizes to help with concealment for different weather. I'm not a realy big guy so, larger guns can be harder to conceal.

I'll be transfering to Washington soon. Weather is a bit more suited to concealed carry of larger guns there. It is an open carry state though as long as you have the liscense. It's a shall issue state as well so, that shouldn't be an issue. More liberals out there than here in GA, so it may not be as socially acceptable, (not that I really care, but it only takes one screamer to bring more attention to you than you want.)

I'd rather carry concealed and have the option to open carry, than I think I would actually like to open carry that often.

What ever works for you though.

glockaholic 08-06-2012 03:44 AM

Yea ive had a few idiots give me **** but I tell them read the "Bill Of Rights". Ive never seen any kind of proof showing open carriers being a target. It could be a possibility but not likely. Like you said depends on what day, the weather, and were I'm at if I'm going to open carry.

MrWray 08-06-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockaholic
Open carry is awesome I'd rather let people know I'm packing then have to pull it out. Example" I was walking with my wife opening carrying downtown indianapolis and a group of thugs walked by us and saw what I had and strolled by looked said nothing. Another time when I was conceal carrying a group of thugs try to pick a fight with me let me remind you my wife is six months pregnant, I pulled it out charged it and they ran off!!

You dont carry with one in the pipe??

JonM 08-06-2012 04:03 AM

i like having oc here in wisconsin. it means i dont have to worry if someone notices my firearm under my shirt. maybe you get targeted maybe not but i prefer not to be noticed. i just chalk it up to why advertise your not a sheep. i prefer to sit back and wait so im not having to quick draw if the need ever arises.

i carry an xdm compact in 45acp owb using the xd gear holster that it came with. occasionally i carry a colt new agent iwb in a galco holster

glockaholic 08-06-2012 04:16 AM

Ironically after that happening I carry one in the whole. I was kinda afraid of a discharge but I have a glock so that won't happen.