Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > One in the chamber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #31
CHD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Now that I've been to armorers school I know that, but back when I moved from the 1911 platform to the Glock I did not!!!!
Where were you a few years ago when I needed ya!??!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD
Now that I've been to armorers school I know that, but back when I moved from the 1911 platform to the Glock I did not!!!!
LOL! Actually a few years ago I didn't even know what Glock was. I just got my permit last year and it's been wonderful adding 5 Glocks to my collection. I love learning about Glock and love talking with the armorers. Sometime I'd like to take an armorers course through the GSSF

Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD View Post
You weren't on the forum, so we couldn't have told you!

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 11-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #34
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

First of all I can not believe anyone who is allegedly a weapons person or claims to know anything about self defense and or tactics would even suggest you carry a Glock or 1911 pistol with an empty chamber. If they choose to do that they are volunteering to be a victim. 99.9% of the time a threat will come instantly and with out prior announcement. So carry your Glock with one in the chamber. And where he or she came up with the idea, just because you have a round in the chamber the gun is more apt to jam????? Wow! Must have dug this one out of mid air! But I also carry a Glock 27 for CCW most of the time and the issue is as some of the members here have stated. Purchase a good "quality safe holster" for it that not only secures the pistol but covers the trigger guard area of the pistol when it is secured in the holster. There are many available. I have a Fobus as well as a Blackhawk holster for mine that not only protects the pistol but prevents anything from contact with the trigger until the pistol is drawn from the holster. But by all means, keep a round in the chamber or you might as well not carry it.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
carrying a 1911 with the manual safety off cocked with a round in the chamber is safer than carrying a glock. you still got the grip safety. if your comfy carrying a glock why does seeing the hammer scare you??
I find this statement slightly ridiculous. How can carrying a 1911 like mentioned above be in any way safer...

First off lets look at the weapons as if the 1911 had no external safeties. In a case of a dropped weapon or sharp impact on the hammer( should it be cond. 1 or 2) a 1911 can still discharge a round. A Glock, by design cannot discharge. The integrated drop safety ensures this. The striker is not even fully back and engaged. If a striker slipped without a trigger pull nothing would happen... even if by miracle the striker gained enough potential energy to detonate the primer without a trigger pull the firing pin safety would stop any accidental discharge.

If people are scared of a Glock not having any external safeties the best thing is education. The weapon should always be in a holster covering the trigger. If drawn from the holster your finger should not be on the trigger plain and simple. So if you carry responsibly there should be no sense of " my gun is not as safe"

Old 12-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Search "Patrick Venetek" on google. You'll come across a story of an NYPD cop who supposedly dropped his glock, which then went off and eventually struck a little boy playing in his playpen. It was total bull, though, and apparently nothing ever happened to this guy for either shooting the kid or lying about what happened. Most likely he tried to pull the slide off while it was still chambered, pulled the trigger and then said he dropped it. But leave it to some dumbass to give all the haters out there more fuel for the fire.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
Hi, I'm new to the world of guns and already own 2 glocks: a21 and a 23. I'm expecting to get my carrying license any time in Decemcer. A friend of mine who has own glock guns for some years told me that it is not recomendable to carry with one in the chamber because thy can jam. Guys in the gunstore i go told me the oposite, that if you do'nt have one in the chamber you should not carry at all. I'd like to read some feedback from more experience people on that matter and be thankfull to read some recomendations. BTW Im thinking of carrying both of them depending on the ocassion.
I was told the same thing but I don't see how a chambered round would jam your firearm...
And Glock is one of the safest handguns to carry loaded!

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 12-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #38
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19982 Times on 11360 Posts
Likes Given: 50403

IMO, if there isn't a round in the chamber, it's a club at best. most situations that could cause one to have to use your firearm are most likely going to be up close and personal, and if you're having to hold someone back with one hand and drawing the pistol with the other, which hand is racking the slide to chamber a round? ony way this would make sense is if you were carrying a revolver. but on a semi-auto pistol, it just doesn't make any sense. the best safety is complete understanding and working knowledge of your firearm and safe practice when using it. remember the safety rule of firearms, alsways treat every gun as loaded.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 223 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I always carry with one in the chamber.

Why? Because carrying with more than one in the chamber just strikes me as being a little bit foolish.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #40

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
I always carry with one in the chamber.

Why? Because carrying with more than one in the chamber just strikes me as being a little bit foolish.
That doesnt make sense mon ami