Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > One in the chamber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30
Hi, I'm new to the world of guns and already own 2 glocks: a21 and a 23. I'm expecting to get my carrying license any time in Decemcer. A friend of mine who has own glock guns for some years told me that it is not recomendable to carry with one in the chamber because thy can jam. Guys in the gunstore i go told me the oposite, that if you do'nt have one in the chamber you should not carry at all. I'd like to read some feedback from more experience people on that matter and be thankfull to read some recomendations. BTW Im thinking of carrying both of them depending on the ocassion.
I have a Glock 27,I carry,you sure do want one in the chamber,the other guy does.Just remember though Glocks don't have a saftey and that's what makes it good for a sure fire in the need of your gun,just be careful around the kids when not carrying.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Yeah, your right, I forgot all about the grip safety. I guess it is safer but I don't own one so my glock is what I know.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

One in the chamber always...

I think the British military leaves the chamber empty...or at least used to.

Glock G23, G19, G20SF, G21SF, G30S, G38, CZ P-02, CZ75 SA, Dan Wesson CBOB .45, BHP x3, FN HP, Inglis HP, GP-100

Old 11-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #24

Liked 1678 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

With a 1911 condition 1 (cocked and locked) is safer than condition 2 (hammer down on a chambered round). There is added risk involved in dropping the hammer, and then again in pulling it back. You stand the risk of your thumb slipping off either time. When you add panic mode it gets even worse.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Have two guns. Both are chamber-ready!

Old 11-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #26

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

carrying a 1911 with the manual safety off cocked with a round in the chamber is safer than carrying a glock. you still got the grip safety. if your comfy carrying a glock why does seeing the hammer scare you??
You know oddly enough my first carry gun was a g17 and it took me a couple of times to feel safe carrying it chambered, with that being said, I carried the glock for about 9 months and got my sig 1911, and for some stupid reason even though I knew it was way safer to carry chambered then the glock, it took me even longer to feel safe carrying my 1911 cocked and locked. I guess just b/c I was new to owning a 1911. Just me I guess.....

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 11-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1047

I have a Glock 27,I carry,you sure do want one in the chamber,the other guy does.Just remember though Glocks don't have a saftey and that's what makes it good for a sure fire in the need of your gun,just be careful around the kids when not carrying.
I have had the same bullet on the chamber for three months now. I with the other guy do not carry your guns with out one in the pipe

Old 11-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock27SC

I have had the same bullet on the chamber for three months now. I with the other guy do not carry your guns with out one in the pipe
So by having the "same" round in the chamber for 3 months.. does this mean you do not clean your weapon to assure it WILL fire?... and you do not practice to be sure you will hit your intended target?

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 11-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #29
CHD

Be careful leaving the same round in the tube if you holster the weapon vertically. The solvents/oil that gets stuck in the firing pin channel can drip down on to the chambered round and penetrate the primer... I use to put the same round in the tube and had it that way for about 6 mths of daily carry, when we rotated our duty ammo the first round failed to ignite. I picked it up and saw a good primer hit, took it apart and the powder was good but the primer was goo

Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD
Be careful leaving the same round in the tube if you holster the weapon vertically. The solvents/oil that gets stuck in the firing pin channel can drip down on to the chambered round and penetrate the primer... I use to put the same round in the tube and had it that way for about 6 mths of daily carry, when we rotated our duty ammo the first round failed to ignite. I picked it up and saw a good primer hit, took it apart and the powder was good but the primer was goo
If you have a Glock then there should be no solvents/oil anywhere near the firing pin channel and therefore no oil to corrode your primer in the pipe. Glocks require minimal lube/oil to operate, the slide and frame should be virtually dry except for the 6 main oil points which also take slight drops of oil