Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > One in the chamber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD View Post
Be careful leaving the same round in the tube if you holster the weapon vertically. The solvents/oil that gets stuck in the firing pin channel can drip down on to the chambered round and penetrate the primer... I use to put the same round in the tube and had it that way for about 6 mths of daily carry, when we rotated our duty ammo the first round failed to ignite. I picked it up and saw a good primer hit, took it apart and the powder was good but the primer was goo
Well, I learn't something new today and will keep this advice in mind from now on.
Also, I manage a facility where I have at least 700 persons who are unarmed, as far as I know. As a result, I am using a quote seen on this site very seriously...... I believe in gun control, If there is a gun I wanna be in control of it......and I am adding that it must be on me, loaded and ready to be deployed if necessary.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #92

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinC

Well, I learn't something new today and will keep this advice in mind from now on.
Also, I manage a facility where I have at least 700 persons who are unarmed, as far as I know. As a result, I am using a quote seen on this site very seriously...... I believe in gun control, If there is a gun I wanna be in control of it......and I am adding that it must be on me, loaded and ready to be deployed if necessary.
That's the quote I use for my signature. Mr Clint Eastwood is a smart man.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 12-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #93

Liked 945 Times on 670 Posts
Likes Given: 937

As far as "solvents/oil that gets stuck in the firing pin channel can drip down on to the chambered round and penetrate the primer..." :

A Glock like that is over lubed, there should be NO lube in the firing pin channel. Otherwise it is good advice to stay on top of your ammo, anything could go wrong with that first round, anything can go stale sitting around too long so get out there and shoot!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #94

Liked 4558 Times on 2204 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Always 1 in the chamber...

And always either on your him or under lock & key "if you have children in the house".

TACK