ok, pictures, finally of my Glock twins! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

ok, pictures, finally of my Glock twins!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 81 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
The Safe T Block isn't needed at all, save yourself the money and buy more ammo.

I've used the clip draw for many yrs and never had a problem, the trigger safety does it's job pretty well, to fire, you need to put you finger in the trigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I don't mean to sound like a smart azz, but if you're so concerned with safety, why not buy a pistol with a manual safety?

Glocks are okay, they just are what they are. I had a model 19 that served me quite well, so I'm not a Glock basher. I've just found other pistols that serve me better.
Quote:
Glocks have 3 safeties

1 Trigger Safety
2 Firing Pin Safety or Safety Plunger
3 Drop Safety

They disengage sequentially as you pull the trigger, you can actually use your gun as a hammer and it wouldn't go off unless the safeties had been tampered with.

The beauty of the Glock is that you don't need to fumble with manual safeties in the heat of an armed confrontation, just like the revolver, point and shoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-In-Maine View Post
New here, longtime lurker, but just sayin': if you need to add an after-market safety device of questionable value to an already safe pistol, "dangerous" may be an apt description...............
WoW, I didn't think I would meet with so much (can't find the word to use) but all I was doing was sharing MY set up and how I like to carry. Anyone want to question the quality of my pictures next? Not enough mega pixels?
shees

Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It's what is known as creative thread drift. It's also inevitable that you will get a wide range of comments. Don't be so thin skinned and don't take it to heart. It's just the internet.

...and I will never criticize someone else's photos. I have zero camera skills.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #13

DodgerBlue, my question was a serious question, I was not intended on mocking you. I am sorry you felt that way. Perhaps others may not have been as polite as they should.

I am new here and pretty new guns in general, and I am really interested in why you like the Glocks over the Berettas. I am interested in getting one.

Prescribed Fire is Mother Nature's plastic surgeon.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My post was polite.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-03-2011, 12:15 AM   #15

I wasn't referring to you CA. You know I luv ya!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
DodgerBlue, my question was a serious question, I was not intended on mocking you. I am sorry you felt that way. Perhaps others may not have been as polite as they should.

I am new here and pretty new guns in general, and I am really interested in why you like the Glocks over the Berettas. I am interested in getting one.
Well for a few reasons. I still love the Beretta PX4sc. Best gun I have ever shot. Wonderful trigger and hardly any recoil. The M9 I carried in the service was a tad large for me to really enjoy though that gun was a pleasure to shoot as well. But with the Beretta, they are almost to perfect to carry. Like a 100k car. Gotta keep it locked up and clean only to drive once and a while. Mean time the beater outside is your real go to.

But why I went to Glock was I like that it has no external safety or other buttons to mess with. Another thing is that parts are a plenty! Easy to get and really inexpensive. A lot of Glocks can easily be interchanged .40 to .357 sig, 9mm to .22 and a lot of other variants too.

I like the "mexican carry" with the clip draw and with the saf-t-blok I carry with real confidence. Plus the ladies love Glocks!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #17

Well I appreciate your candor DodgerBlue. So I guess that Beretta I looked at sounds like a nice one then. I've been told I have expensive tastes, and that little Beretta sure felt good in my hand. It was light enough and being a 9mm I doubt it would kick too hard. I sure liked it.

And since you say that the ladies love the Glocks, I guess I'm gunna have to take a few out for a test drive

Old 06-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
Well I appreciate your candor DodgerBlue. So I guess that Beretta I looked at sounds like a nice one then. I've been told I have expensive tastes, and that little Beretta sure felt good in my hand. It was light enough and being a 9mm I doubt it would kick too hard. I sure liked it.

And since you say that the ladies love the Glocks, I guess I'm gunna have to take a few out for a test drive
Hey VNM, what Beretta were you looking at? The PX4sc maybe? If that is the one I can guarantee you won't be sorry with it. If I were to get a 9mm again another PX4sc would be my only consideration.

I did forgot to mention (probably the biggest reason I went to Glock) was that I swore off 9mm and wanted something with some more umph. The .357 SIG and .45 Slim were both exactly what I wanted in a gun. Easily fit in hand and carry without much weight.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:07 AM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 44

DB, my posts were polite and informative, sorry you took it the wrong way, I was sharing my experience with the Glock I have carried for 11 yrs, it was my first gun and the best of all that I own.

If you feel safe with the device, go ahead and use it, I just feel that it's one of those gimmicks that doesn't add something to the gun, I've modified my Glock to the max, and then returned back to original parts several times, my only rule is never modify in a permanent way that can't be reversed if later I decide to go back to OEM.

I've played with:

Barrels (3)
Clip Draw
3.5# disconnector
LaserMax
Ti Firing Pin
Ti safety Plunger
Extended Mag release
Extended Slide Stop
Plug
Night Sights
Marine Firing Pin Spring Cups

Current aftermarket parts installed are:

SS barrel
Clip Draw
3.5# disconnector
Ti safety Plunger
Plug
Night Sights

Enjoy your Glocks, and just get a barrel in .40 for the .357, it's the only part needed for the conversion.

PS your pics are great.

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Last edited by Mandy; 06-03-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:43 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1244 Times on 864 Posts
Likes Given: 1293

Quote:
...Enjoy your Glocks, and just get a barrel in .40 for the .357, it's the only part needed for the conversion...
Now that sounds like a win-win upgrade! I'm debating about going the other way and getting the 357Sig barrel for my Glock 22 but enjoy the .40 so much I wonder if I should bother.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek