OD Glocks for $$$
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > OD Glocks for $$$

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Default OD Glocks for $$$

Hey guys, a buddy of mine just told me that the Gen3 Olive drab (green) Glocks are selling for ridiculous prices online ($600-$900). Any truth to this? I can't find any for sale online so I don't know. I have 2 (G27,G23) with less than 500 rds I'd sell (so I can buy Gen 4's). Are these some of the models in demand?

Thx,
Mike

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

They have been discontinued by Glock. In some people's minds, anything that has been discontinued is automatically worth more than before.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 06-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #3

Liked 1038 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 1035

Like Glass said, Glock discontinued OD frames last year when they started releasing the Gen4s. Some people now see them as collectables and will pay more. Your models are popular so probably in demand. It's up to you whether to sell them now or hope they go higher in price. Hard to say since you never know what someone will pay for "unique".

You could keep one and sell the other to straddle the fence. There's little benefit to the new 27Gen4, it's roughly the same as the older 27s but I think there's a big difference in the 23Gen4. You might want to check both out in the LGS and then decide what to do.

This is a little like 1941/1942 Lugers with black bakelite grips. These models came from the factory with plastic or wood grips and for a long time no one liked them with plastic so replaced the factory grips with wooden ones so their Luger looked "right". No one wanted the plastic grips even though they were original. Of course being separated from the gun over time those grips got lost and rarer and rarer. Then someone started calling the remaining samples "Black Widows" and boom, those Lugers are worth $500 more! Everyone started scrambling looking for original black grips for their byf 1941 or 1942. Then fake plastic grips came out, all adding to the mystique of the black widow. So the price keeps going up.

Could this happen to the OD Glock or is it temporary? Who knows? I'd probably sell them now and get Gen4s if you find the Gen4 better for you. Look how long it took for a different color grip for the Luger to skyrocket.

Of course a catchy name might do it, so invent one now, don't wait!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Green Goblins? lol, very thprough response. Thank you

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 07-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #5

Liked 1038 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 1035

Green Goblin works for me. Catchy Dizz, yeah I think you've got something there! Gaston Glock's alter ego.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #6

I got one of the G19 "Green Meanies" late last year for $499 + tax. I was not aware it was discontinued. Was not looking for it as a resale item. I sold a couple of guns last year and regretted it ever since. Will not be selling any more

Old 01-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #7

I have an OD Green G22... Is it discontiued too?