Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > O no! Not Another Glock Horror Story

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 12:49 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I loaded .40 SW rounds into my friends Sig p220 .45 ACP handgun by accident (I know, I should of checked the cartridge box). Boy, was my face red, the odd thing was, it still fired the cartridge, it just failed to eject the spent shell. Instead the shell cracked....

Needless to say I looked like a jackass BUT the gun was unharmed.

Is that a Sig Horror Story? Or just a stupid shooter story?

Old 09-17-2010, 12:52 AM   #52

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
I loaded .40 SW rounds into my friends Sig p220 .45 ACP handgun by accident (I know, I should of checked the cartridge box). Boy, was my face red, the odd thing was, it still fired the cartridge, it just failed to eject the spent shell. Instead the shell cracked....

That's a good thing you still have a face or a friend didn't kick your azz for wrecking his Sig story...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #53
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post

I did the same thing with my Glock 21. I loaded a 40 in it by mistake. It too fired but wouldn't eject. When I manually pulled the casing out I saw where the brass case had expanded to the diameter of the 45 chamber. I wonder what would have happened if the case had been steel? I guess I shouldn't do this on a regular basis, but it fired. If I only had 1 round of 40 and only had a 45 gun, I think I would do it to save my life.

...On another note, I see where members of different boards are attacking anybody and anything they don't agree with or don't necessarily believe. They attack before they know the facts. The internet has made it too easy to call someone a liar simply because you are not looking that person in the face. It is a medium that allows for attacking without repercussions. In our society we don't walk up to a stranger and call him/her a liar because we might get punched in the face. There is no threat of that here, so anything goes. You don't like someone's gun, then call it junk on a forum. You would never walk up to a stranger on the gun range and tell him that his gun is nothing but junk. You would probably get punched in the face & you would deserve it.

Last edited by ET1; 09-17-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #54

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Damn Shi, that gif is bringing me to tears

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 09-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glock numbers stem from the order in which they were patented. Gaston Glock had 16 patents prior to inventing the G17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Jeez, O. It is a metric thing. Hello????
Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
I call BS. If it were metric it would be something like 17.7 or something like that.......
LOL! I knew their must be some reason that their model numbers didn't seem to relate to the caliber or construction of the firearm. I really like it when the model number/description do help me figure out what the gun is like (caliber, materials, barrel length etc.) At least they have that "C" for the models with the built in compensators. My favorite system was the one on those 3rd generation Smith & Wesson semi-autos so popular with the Popo back in the day; the frame material and caliber was in the number.

Some of us simpletons like fully descriptive label like my XD45 tactical; the model designation tells me it is the .45 caliber and the "tactical" lets me know it has the 5"/geezer eyes barrel. I wish my CZ-75b was that way, or my Ruger GP-100 (why not GP-357-6x6).

I wonder if Springfield will ever make a "target" model with the 6" barrel like Glock did; i think that would be a fun one to plink with.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGaryM View Post
Just one more example of Springfield out shining Glock. The people who design Springfield actually use their common sense. What a concept.
On the flip side, SA might realize that some people like me might end up with one of their pistols and just be trying to C their A's. I have considered writing "9MM" on my CZ-75b magazines, just to be careful.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #57

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
LOL! I knew their must be some reason that their model numbers didn't seem to relate to the caliber or construction of the firearm. I really like it when the model number/description do help me figure out what the gun is like (caliber, materials, barrel length etc.) At least they have that "C" for the models with the built in compensators. My favorite system was the one on those 3rd generation Smith & Wesson semi-autos so popular with the Popo back in the day; the frame material and caliber was in the number.

Some of us simpletons like fully descriptive label like my XD45 tactical; the model designation tells me it is the .45 caliber and the "tactical" lets me know it has the 5"/geezer eyes barrel. I wish my CZ-75b was that way, or my Ruger GP-100 (why not GP-357-6x6).

I wonder if Springfield will ever make a "target" model with the 6" barrel like Glock did; i think that would be a fun one to plink with.
Originally, Gaston Glock assumed he would have one pistol (G17). Simple. But then the market spoke and suddenly the patents kept coming, with no rhyme or reason. Now the numbers are all over the board. Too many companies use numbers that don't make sense. Beretta 21, 84, 85, 87, 92, 92F, 92F/S, etc.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #58

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello
At least they have that "C" for the models with the built in compensators.
Until you consider that it's a ported barrel, not really a compensator.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 09-17-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I am offering my (likely unwanted) opinion here.

This has been an extremely interesting read. It's been full of posturing and bull droppings, but interesting nonetheless.

This is a firearm forum. We discuss other subjects, but this is above all, a firearms forum. We all have opinions. Most of us have a variety of experience with assorted firearms.

Some here have seen the elephant. I give them more latitude, because they've been there and done that.

I dislike fanboys of any sort. They preclude objective discussion. They tend towards the histrionic rather than the mature and openminded.

I occasionally joke about Glocks, but my first semiautomatic was a G19 and it worked for me. My buddy has it now and loves it. he's put thousands of rounds through it without a hiccup. Some folks occasionally joke about 1911's. That's just tit for tat.

I moved on to 1911's, because it was a better fit for me. It feels better and I shoot it more accurately than any other handgun. I absolutely prefer the 1911 over any Glock. That is my personal preference. It seems to me that pretty much all firearms have their devotees.

There are different flavors of ice cream for different tastes The same with firearms. However I have yet to see a confrontation over whether pistachio was better than vanilla.

Gentlemen kindly relax, have a good discussion, leave the bullsh*t elsewhere and contribute to a mature conversation. Or else, kindly move on to the azzhat forum and leave us adults alone.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-17-2010, 05:53 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
The XD line must be the simpleton line......

Just kinda confused how the Glock model name system is any more confused than SA other than the simpleton line of guns..
LOL!

"Simpleton line", it's nice to know that their is a firearms company with a line especially for the non-afficianado customer like me; afterall, should a person absolutely have to study firearms of various types and calibers and from different manufacturers, gaining an encyclopedic knowledge of firearms from flintlock to full-auto before being able to choose a pistol for home defense or the occasional drive-by.

Of course, the names of the more "basic" or "entry-level" 1911 offerings from SA also make sense to me as a non-afficianado: "GI45" seems to be very much like the pistols formerly issued to U.S. soldiers; "Mil-Spec" military style but with some added features beyond the "GI45"; the "Loaded" would seem to have most of the modifications that a person new to the 1911 platform would want made to a "basic" or "GI"-style 1911; the "trophy match" seems like it would be an entry level competition-minded 1911. The more expensive models don't really seem geared towards the non-afficianado, though some N00Bz like me might be able to find a reason to like one of those models (operator, EMP, etc.) by reading the descriptions available on the SA website (but not just from the name, that's for the afficianados).

Simpleton line...kinda like those "lady Smith" offerings from S&W, eh? That makes me wonder if the "M & P" line should have the miranda rights printed on the slide for easy LEO use.

edit* I should add that i couldn't find the "i'm having fun with this semi-serious discussion and am not offended or trying to offend in the least. Well, except that pistachio ice cream is for old people .

Last edited by orangello; 09-17-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Closed Thread