O no! Not Another Glock Horror Story - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

O no! Not Another Glock Horror Story

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #21
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I cleaned up this thread.

Absolutely no personal attacks / name calling in technical threads.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #22

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I cleaned up this thread.

Absolutely no personal attacks / name calling in technical threads.
Personally, I'd love it if this was true in every thread.

And, YES, a loaded 9mm round will drop all the way through the barrel on a Glock 22.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #23

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
Math problems? Its more like .005. Even if it were .000 difference a .991 rimed 9mm would still not just pass right through, it would need a push.
9.91mm=.390157"

9.96mm=.392126"

No math problems here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Personally, I'd love it if this was true in every thread.

And, YES, a loaded 9mm round will drop all the way through the barrel on a Glock 22.
"case" closed.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #25

I just took the barrel out of my XD .40 and dropped a full 9mm round in the barrel. It went right through and fell out. I also loaded six 9mm rounds into the magazine and they fit in like they were meant to be there. Another post suggested that it might be a .45 so I tried putting 9mm ammo in a .45 magazine and you could tell right away that it didn't work.

I agree with the original post saying the the 9mm will slide right through a .40 barrel. I just did it.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Buy A Glock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
I was working the day shift at the range today and not much interesting was happening until an off duty LEO came to the counter with a problem with his Glock.

He came to shoot his duty gun, a Glock 17, but the entire cartridges kept falling out of the front of the barrel. This officer was not new on the job as he was going to retire in a year and a half. He handed me the barrel and showed me the ammunition which were re-manufacture 9mm. As I inspected the barrel and the ammunition I notice that the barrel looked to be in perfectly good condition but he was right, the entire cartridge slid through the barrel.

He said he needed the gun by Saturday as he had to work that day. I showed him a couple Gen 4s and said if he got a note from the boss we could do cash and carry. I also offered to let him use one of my guns in case we couldn't work something out.

At any rate, I reassembled the firearm and as I started to look at the serial numbers to log the firearm in the Gun Smith book I notice that it was a Glock 22. I said this ain't a nine it's a forty and he replied that ain't my gun. I said this has to be you gun you just gave it to me.

Seems someone grabbed the wrong firearm out of the gun locker and the rest is prerecorded history.

The officer left with a little egg on his face but damned glad he didn't have to buy a new pistol. Another Glock Horror Story. Strange but true.
A local deputy told me that a Glock is the Only pistol. He Quit the force but still wanted to be a reserve on the force..... He failed the first course b/c his GLOCK Failed. So who is at fault. Revolver Lover..............

Old 09-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #27

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
I just took the barrel out of my XD .40 and dropped a full 9mm round in the barrel. It went right through and fell out. I also loaded six 9mm rounds into the magazine and they fit in like they were meant to be there. Another post suggested that it might be a .45 so I tried putting 9mm ammo in a .45 magazine and you could tell right away that it didn't work.

I agree with the original post saying the the 9mm will slide right through a .40 barrel. I just did it.
Many manufacturers use the same mags for 9mm and .40, just stamped with the specific caliber.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #28

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Can someone post a vid of a 9mm sliding through a .40 barrel. Then we can lock the thread and save some bandwidth for pics of redheads and such.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #29
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Can someone post a vid of a 9mm sliding through a .40 barrel. Then we can lock the thread and save some bandwidth for pics of redheads and such.
That's a man using his noodle right there.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #30

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3489 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
I just took the barrel out of my XD .40 and dropped a full 9mm round in the barrel. It went right through and fell out. I also loaded six 9mm rounds into the magazine and they fit in like they were meant to be there.
There you have it. That makes 3, so I would venture that this case is closed.

I do have a .40 cal barrel at home and some 9mm - I guess I can check it out tonight when I get home to see if it holds true for "other" brands other than those of plastic origin.

JD

Closed Thread