Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > O no! Not Another Glock Horror Story

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default O no! Not Another Glock Horror Story

I was working the day shift at the range today and not much interesting was happening until an off duty LEO came to the counter with a problem with his Glock.

He came to shoot his duty gun, a Glock 17, but the entire cartridges kept falling out of the front of the barrel. This officer was not new on the job as he was going to retire in a year and a half. He handed me the barrel and showed me the ammunition which were re-manufacture 9mm. As I inspected the barrel and the ammunition I notice that the barrel looked to be in perfectly good condition but he was right, the entire cartridge slid through the barrel.

He said he needed the gun by Saturday as he had to work that day. I showed him a couple Gen 4s and said if he got a note from the boss we could do cash and carry. I also offered to let him use one of my guns in case we couldn't work something out.

At any rate, I reassembled the firearm and as I started to look at the serial numbers to log the firearm in the Gun Smith book I notice that it was a Glock 22. I said this ain't a nine it's a forty and he replied that ain't my gun. I said this has to be you gun you just gave it to me.

Seems someone grabbed the wrong firearm out of the gun locker and the rest is prerecorded history.

The officer left with a little egg on his face but damned glad he didn't have to buy a new pistol. Another Glock Horror Story. Strange but true.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 AM   #2

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this is a glock horror story...?

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 09-16-2010, 02:26 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As a Glock Armorer I have a very strange sense of humor. Lighten up, I'm not bad rapp'n Glocks. I thought it was kind of a funny situation.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:29 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
I may not be the first to call it, but I call BS. The land dimensions of the 40 are 9.91MM The case rim dimension of a 9xa9mm is 9.96mm.

The 9mm case is too fat to just fall through the 40 cals barrel.......
Before you call me a liar you had better try it for yourself. And after you find out your full of Bullchit I expect an apology.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:43 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Before you call me a liar you had better try it for yourself. And after you find out your full of Bullchit I expect an apology.

Uhhh I'll be watching this thread,... seems like another GLOCK storm brewing,...

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 09-16-2010, 02:43 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Damn straight.

Oh yeah, that was funny!

Old 09-16-2010, 02:55 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I think he's currently editing his post.

Openly calling someone a liar is not cool to say the least. I've been doing more reading than posting lately and it seems mr G37 needs an attitude adjustment.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:46 AM   #8

Default it sticks

I am new here, and don't wish to take sides in this argument. I took my 40 H&K out of the safe, droped a 9mm into the chamber, and sure enough it STUCK in the barrel. I had to field strip the USP to get the 9mm out. Maybe it was a .45 the LEO had?

Old 09-16-2010, 04:06 AM   #9

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
As a Glock Armorer I have a very strange sense of humor. Lighten up, I'm not bad rapp'n Glocks. I thought it was kind of a funny situation.
My bad, I thought you were being serious about it being a Glock problem It's definitely pretty funny that somebody made that mistake. I'm glad nobody was hurt though

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 09-16-2010, 05:40 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
yawn

You better go to bed early son. Get some sleep. You will need it.
Wow, can you elaborate? Oh, and .002" difference does mean that somethig can slip through. Especially when the uber awesome Gaston's Bastion is involved...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Closed Thread