You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

not impressed with my glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 355 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Sorry didn't read all the messages, so forgive me if its already been mentioned.

Buy a cheap laser from Ebay ($15)
Strap it on.
Pick a spot on the wall.
Dry fire 3000 times, rinse and repeat.

If you jerking or pushing or pulling or squeezing or sneezing. You will see it immediately.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac163
Well its the first pistol I've owned its a g21 SF and I don't know if I just need to get used to it... But its not accurate at all. Alot of people say the 21 is really accurate but I couldn't hit a good size box that was about 25 feet in front of me. Id adjust my aim and the bullet would go a completely fifteenth way.
A lot of people including first time handgun owners have the wrong impression and perception of what accuracy really is... The G21 performs well out of the box and in a controlled environment it tested well at Glock (your casings that should have come with it are your proof unless you live in a state like NY that takes them for FBI referencing instead of giving them to the consumer) However, accuracy lies within the operator, it's how you handle the weapon and your performance that makes a weapon accurate or not... Basically I'm saying if you think it's not accurate then it's due to operator error, I suggest you do what others have mentioned and let others that are familiar with the G21 try shooting it and you'll see exactly what we all mean... Good luck and enjoy your shooting cause you have a good weapon, don't be discouraged

Old 01-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #63

Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

As previously advised, get some lessons and more practice. I don't currently own a Glock but have shot just about every commercially available semi auto on the market and the only NIB pistol I've every tried that did not hit POA was a buddies HK USP. Everyone shot a consistent low left with this gun and a simple sight adjustment solved the problem.
A gun that hits "everywhere" is a sure sign of operator error.

Tack

Old 01-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #64

a Glock trigger with 3000 rounds or dryfires through it feels WAY different, and better than a factory fresh one....

dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire

Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #65

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
a Glock trigger with 3000 rounds or dryfires through it feels WAY different, and better than a factory fresh one....

dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire dryfire
Cheapest practice ammo available, also.

When I first began shooting pistols, a guy I grew up with, who had been a firearms instructor at Division Schools while he was in the Marine Corps, told me to "snap in (dry fire) at home in your living room, until your family thinks you're a stone cold nut."

It turned out to be solid advice.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #66

add a laser and go pew pew pew.

honestly, really cheap practice. It will really is good advice man. try it

Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #67

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

pew-pew-pew-funny-picture.jpg

Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 AM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1731 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 1709

That dog's about to turn around and say, "Watch where you put that finger!" Otherwise, good technique!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 01-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #69

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
That dog's about to turn around and say, "Watch where you put that finger!" Otherwise, good technique!
Also has a hairy trigger :-)

Old 01-31-2012, 02:13 AM   #70

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Needs an optics rail.