not impressed with my glock - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > not impressed with my glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 353 Times on 259 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Practice, practice, practice.

Most gun ranges have a coach available somewhere.

Remember also that the main purpose of a semi-auto handgun is to defend you at close range. Close range here having the meaning of anywhere between 1 to 10 yards away. About any shot to the body will do the job, because they all hurt. You don't need to hit a fly every time.

If you are confident with the gun, and it feels good in your hands, and it does what you want, then it is a good gun, for you.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

oh ok just one more thing you chose the cal. that when you hit them they are going down

Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg60
How many rounds have you ran through your 21? When I first got my 23 I kind of had the same feeling. But the more I shot it the more comfortable I got with it. And now, I CAN hit the broad side of a barn!!!! j/k Keep working with it. Good luck and safe shooting.
I put 100 rounds through it so far. Its not a new gun I don't know how old it is or anything. I don't know if pmc ammo is any good but that's what I used.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #24

Liked 353 Times on 259 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
oh ok just one more thing you chose the cal. that when you hit them they are going down
Then we are back to the .45 ACP debate.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH
Oh and dont for get to breath relax and have fun i shoot a rifle better than my hand guns too . wanting to get a laser sight .
Yea I was thinking about the laser bullets you can put in the chamber. You know just to try and relax and quit shaking or moving.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:05 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH
I was surprised how light the recoil was with the .45 but it practically blew my ears out

Old 01-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #27
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8508 Times on 5086 Posts
Likes Given: 11141

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac163 View Post
I was surprised how light the recoil was with the .45 but it practically blew my ears out
WOW!! I hope your wearing hearing protection.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Then we are back to the .45 ACP debate.
no no not that again lol one well placed shot . i like my new g19 but also have a taurus 85 38 special.and a close friend that i took care of for 5 years did "spook work durring the cold war for the naca before the cia . said he used a 22ge with silencer .said it did the job, I allways wondered till after he died i inventoried his fire arms... took me 3 days.... i found the gun in a small safe inside another safe...im a CNA and there wasnt any place in his house i couldn't reach a handgun

Old 01-15-2012, 05:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

WOW!! I hope your wearing hearing protection.
No I never thought id need it since I didn't have any loud guns. But now I know I do lol. Its just way to loud

Old 01-15-2012, 05:28 AM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

please wear them i wear hearing aids now. 50 cal viet nam and chain saw for a lot of years too didnt help dont be mocho i was stupid