not impressed with my glock - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > not impressed with my glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 03:51 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You can pick them up at any gun shop. One suggestion for you, When I got my first Glock, it took me a while to get use to the trigger. The caps and dry firing is a great idea. The G-21 is a great weapon. Practice is everything.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #12

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac163
Where can I get dry caps? Do they shot anything?
No they do not shoot, they are for loading drills, malfunction drills,and you can load a few in with some live rounds to see how bad you are anticipating recoil

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-15-2012, 03:56 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac163 View Post
Where can I get dry caps? Do they shot anything?
no, they are not even blanks. they dont shoot or make the slide move. they simply make it safe for you to do tons of dry fires
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:01 AM   #14

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Dont be hard on yourself and dont ever give up.you cant expect to buy your first handgun and be a crack shot right away. You picked a large caliber to start off with,its gonna take practice.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-15-2012, 04:16 AM   #15

Thanks guys I was thinking about selling it but now ill stick with it and try to get better

Old 01-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #16

Like everyone else has said, give it some time, you'll get better.

In your situation, I would do a lot of dry fire practice. You can do it without snap-caps, dry firing won't hurt centerfire pistols.

Another thing I would do, is move the target MUCH closer. I would start out at about 3 yards. It may sound silly, but it will help you quite a bit. I've been shooting for about 3 years now, and like to think of myself as a decent shot, and still I very rarely shoot pistols at anything farther than 7 yards.

Make sure when you're shooting to slow down. Maybe write it out on a piece of paper and set it on the bench in front of you to make yourself think about it. Going too fast is a problem I've seen with a lot of new shooters, and when they take a few seconds to breath in between shots, they typically do much better.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 01-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Oh and dont for get to breath relax and have fun i shoot a rifle better than my hand guns too . wanting to get a laser sight .

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
Get Yourself A Glock And Lose That Nickel Plated Sissy Pistol!".... Tommy Lee Jones in "U.S. Marshall's".

Old 01-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #18

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

How many rounds have you ran through your 21? When I first got my 23 I kind of had the same feeling. But the more I shot it the more comfortable I got with it. And now, I CAN hit the broad side of a barn!!!! j/k Keep working with it. Good luck and safe shooting.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Stick with it, practice is half the fun of it. You will improve every time you go to the range. Pay attention to sight picture, trigger control, and grip. Do not be bashful at the range, ask for help. Most shooters would be more than happy to give you tips and pointers. Keep us informed of your progress.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddogyz View Post
Stick with it, practice is half the fun of it. You will improve every time you go to the range. Pay attention to sight picture, trigger control, and grip. Do not be bashful at the range, ask for help. Most shooters would be more than happy to give you tips and pointers. Keep us informed of your progress.
yes handgun ppl are the best take a deffencive pistol class . they are great and you dont focus on a dot on the target . learn all you can about your gun. the glock is the easiest to mantain . doesnt mind if you dont clean it every time . for the most part a wipe down and clean the barrel is fine. dont over oil it eather. my glock 21 was my first semiauto i love it . got my wife a g19 for christmas its a 9mm shot it today had a ball

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
Get Yourself A Glock And Lose That Nickel Plated Sissy Pistol!".... Tommy Lee Jones in "U.S. Marshall's".