Normal?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Normal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Normal?

I just bought a Glock 19 from a friend of mine. He bought it earlier this year brand new and put 7 rounds through it and put it away (didnt clean it) I just bought it from him and noticed that everytime I pull the trigger dry firing it or actually shooting it, the spring moves a little from the semi circle it sits in. It comes out of the semi circle it sits in just by a milimeter or 2. I heard on a video on how to clean it to MAKE SURE it sits ALL THE WAY in there or you can break it when shooting. I have put a total of 50 rounds through it already with no problems. Is this somwhat normal? Or will the spring break or cause some sort of damage? Thanks guys/gals.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It's normal for you to find the recoil rod out of the rest underneath the barrel when you break it down. No problems. When re-assembling, you want to seat it correctly though. Typical on all the Glock pistols I've had or currently have with factory rod or aftermarket.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #3

Ok Thanks!