Night Sights
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Night Sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default Night Sights

I have a G23 2nd Gen. that i'm interested in purchasing some night sights for.

My question is what Night sights are you using on your Glocks,and how do you like them?

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #2

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter
I have a G23 2nd Gen. that i'm interested in purchasing some night sights for. My question is what Night sights are you using on your Glocks,and how do you like them? Thanks
I put MeproLights in my gen3 G19 and loved them, my buddy has that pistol now and likes them as well, I have them on my Kimber too and they are great.

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.
MOshooter Likes This 
Old 10-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #3

Liked 1316 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 573

Check out the XS big dots

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XS-24-7-Big-Dot-Night-Sight-1-20-21-29-30-GL-0002S-5-Tritium-Express-Fits-Glock-/271299341446?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2ab3 6c86
MOshooter Likes This 
Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
I put MeproLights in my gen3 G19 and loved them, my buddy has that pistol now and likes them as well, I have them on my Kimber too and they are great.
deadspot Thanks a lot for the input,I have seen the MetroLights advertised on several online retailers. I will take a closer look,Thanks again.

Gatoragn Thanks for the link,i'm heading over there to check out the XS big dots.

Thanks again,for the link.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 363 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I've tried them all and I've installed the all on dozens of Glocks. I prefer and carry right now the Ameriglo i-dots. I have the yellow rear and green front. Super bright and super easy to acquire in the dark. I recommend them. I also have them in stock right now as well.
MOshooter Likes This 
Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #6

Liked 2484 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 569

Meprolights and Trijicons. I like both.
People Like This 
Old 10-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4368 Times on 2951 Posts
Likes Given: 2188

Depends. For draw and engage drills, consider XS. The dot can be huge and the rear sight best left unmarked. If you compete in that for $$$ consider also the sevigny-warren setup (Google it). For bullseye, too many to count, look and aim before you buy. Consider your eyesight, plus glasses, contacts etc. with or without.

For something different, Arotek, fiber optic front and ghost ring rear.
For carry, low profile novaks. Three dot niGht sights- only if you really expect to shoot in near darkness, otherwise they are smaller than contrast sights (or same size for $$$) Forgot, a figure of 8 sight pic as opposed to 3 dot works for many. Meprolights are fine all around but you won't know till you look.
Glock sights take much crap over the Internet but they are good and work for me and many others beside me.
MOshooter Likes This 
Old 10-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #8

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator
Depends. For draw and engage drills, consider XS. The dot can be huge and the rear sight best left unmarked. If you compete in that for $$$ consider also the sevigny-warren setup (Google it). For bullseye, too many to count, look and aim before you buy. Consider your eyesight, plus glasses, contacts etc. with or without. For something different, Arotek, fiber optic front and ghost ring rear. For carry, low profile novaks. Three dot niGht sights- only if you really expect to shoot in near darkness, otherwise they are smaller than contrast sights (or same size for $$$) Forgot, a figure of 8 sight pic as opposed to 3 dot works for many. Meprolights are fine all around but you won't know till you look. Glock sights take much crap over the Internet but they are good and work for me and many others beside me.
I was told once that Glock uses Meprolight sights when they come with night sights from the factory. Is there any truth to that?

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #9

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts

I really like the Trijicon night sights. They do exactly as advertised. Im about to replace a 14 yr old set on a G17. Not near as bright as they used to be, but still working fine. Have them on several pistols and an AR.
I havent used any others so I cannot say good or bad about them.
People Like This 
Old 10-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
I've tried them all and I've installed the all on dozens of Glocks. I prefer and carry right now the Ameriglo i-dots. I have the yellow rear and green front. Super bright and super easy to acquire in the dark. I recommend them. I also have them in stock right now as well.
Argyle Thanks for the suggestion and recommendation of Ameriglo i-dots,I'll check out their website and take a look. Also thanks for letting me know where I can pick up a set,if I go with that brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Meprolights and Trijicons. I like both.
I haven't actually seen the Meprolights in person. I have seen the Trijicons and actually use to have one on a shotgun barrel years ago.

Thanks for the input Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Depends. For draw and engage drills, consider XS. The dot can be huge and the rear sight best left unmarked. If you compete in that for $$$ consider also the sevigny-warren setup (Google it). For bullseye, too many to count, look and aim before you buy. Consider your eyesight, plus glasses, contacts etc. with or without.

For something different, Arotek, fiber optic front and ghost ring rear.
For carry, low profile novaks. Three dot niGht sights- only if you really expect to shoot in near darkness, otherwise they are smaller than contrast sights (or same size for $$$) Forgot, a figure of 8 sight pic as opposed to 3 dot works for many. Meprolights are fine all around but you won't know till you look.
Glock sights take much crap over the Internet but they are good and work for me and many others beside me.
Mercator,
I should have stated what the primary use of the G23 is mainly home defense and ccw.

I have seen where some of the night sights appear to look smaller than say the normal contrasting 3 dot sights,which is what my g23 came with from the factory. The XS dot looks like a very good sight picture for a self defense pistol. I have have a set of Novaks 3 dot low profile sights that came on a Colt combat commander that I recently purchased and really like those sights,I may look into a Novak low profile 3 dot night sights for the g23.

Thanks for All the great information

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntyhntr6975 View Post
I really like the Trijicon night sights. They do exactly as advertised. Im about to replace a 14 yr old set on a G17. Not near as bright as they used to be, but still working fine. Have them on several pistols and an AR.
I havent used any others so I cannot say good or bad about them.
bntyhntr,
Thanks for the input and experience with the Trijicon sights,they seem like the tried and true night sights on the market.
I had a Trijicon put on a 11-87 barrel years ago,I really liked it, except it fell off somewhere? Years ago?

Thanks again
Mercator Likes This