Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Newbie with a question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Newbie with a question

My wife bought me a new G17 for Christmas ( God love her ) and I think it may have been in the gun shop for awhile. The markings say 20 years of perfection, 1986 to 2006, and 801 of 2006 and has what appears to be a signature. Is this a collector or anything? It is my carry gun but do not want to if it is one I should take extra care of. Thanks

Do not fire a warning shot, don't shoot to disable, don't shoot to kill. Shoot to end the attack.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #2

Can you get a picture? Who is the signature of?

Old 01-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #3

I put a picture in my gallery, sorry it is not very clear. It is the only one I could edit enough to see at all.

Do not fire a warning shot, don't shoot to disable, don't shoot to kill. Shoot to end the attack.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 AM   #4

Default What I have learned

Found out that the signature etched on the slide is Gaston Glock. Only 1200 of the 2006 made were imported into the U.S. It is collectable but values have run from $575 to as high as $700. Should I carry it or sell it and get a G19 which would conceal better, or save it?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

new ones sell for 499 so not alot of differerence, I say carry it and shoot hell out of it and have fun

Old 01-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #6

Default G17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcmbc View Post
My wife bought me a new G17 for Christmas ( God love her ) and I think it may have been in the gun shop for awhile. The markings say 20 years of perfection, 1986 to 2006, and 801 of 2006 and has what appears to be a signature. Is this a collector or anything? It is my carry gun but do not want to if it is one I should take extra care of. Thanks
Yes its a lovly gun y had one my self a cuple a years ago. Its a very effetive gun, good accuracy smooth look high capacity of rounds very safe to carry even with chamber loaded because of the inner firring pin and the doble safty accion in the trigger and then
i just love the white spot at the end of the muzzle. Cheap to practice because of its cal. anyway here in europe where 9 mm parabellum covers at least 70 percent of the guns on the market. I belive that the 20 years perfecion marked on your gun might indicate that it is a sample with a extra hardned chamber and barrel im not sure but anyway the 17 model witch was Gaston Glock´s first model (1980) ,if i remember right, is garantied 50.000 rounds firred without any accuracy changing. Escuse my bad english im from denmark. Ill hope yoy enjoy your new gun and collector or not, it might save your life someday because of the effectiveity of the 17´ and my friend your life is much more valluable than the gun, even it´s a G 17, /(joking).
Ps my vife could learn a lot of yours (joking again)
whats the price of a G 17 in the store where you live. The glock pistoles is rather expensive in gun store here in Denmark?