Newbie contemplating Glock22gen4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Newbie contemplating Glock22gen4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Newbie contemplating Glock22gen4

Hello, i am new to the site and a novice gun owner of a Rueger sr9.

I hope someone can help me as i am contemplating the purchase of a Glock 22 Gen4 in a small gun shop.
The owner said the gun has been recently been purchased and returned. I am not sure why it was returned but after handling the gun i am really serious on pulling the trigger on the purchase. He is asking 499$ for it. I had him open up the gun and there was still the red greece from the manufacturer in it. which tells me the prior owner only shot it once and returned it.

I really want to purchase it today and i feel he may sell it bc Semiautos are scarce in NJ. (which is were i reside). He stressed that he may not have it as the guns are litterly flying off the shelf.

If anyone can give me any feed back on issues with the spring or any other issues that they may know of i would greatly appreciate it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #2

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

It's a glock, there are rarely issues with them. The captive spring set up is genius. G22 are, for the price, one of the best handguns you can buy

Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I decided to pull the trigger on the glock22. how i just have to wait for my pistol permit to get approved in NJ. which could be a while the way things are now.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #4

Default Good Choice

tugger164: Congratulations on your choices. Pictures with your range report. Dang having to wait!

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Hey man congrats on your new piece! I traded a beretta for my gen2 g22 and i L O V E IT. I was skeptical of glocks but i dipped in the drink and well now i want em all. The pic attached is the FIRST time shooting my g22 at 27 yards at the range. No adjusting period for me. That is also 40 rounds btw. Not bragging on me because that group could be better. Bit my point is. Is that even for my first shots with a glock they were all center mass and right on top of one another Good choice my man
image-2371354763.jpg

Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Hey man congrats on your new piece! I traded a beretta for my gen2 g22 and i L O V E IT. I was skeptical of glocks but i dipped in the drink and well now i want em all. The pic attached is the FIRST time shooting my g22 at 27 yards at the range. No adjusting period for me. That is also 40 rounds btw. Not bragging on me because that group could be better. Bit my point is. Is that even for my first shots with a glock they were all center mass and right on top of one another Good choice my man
Attachment 79285
nice shooting musicman. is the glock22 used for competition or more so SDefence?

Old 01-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #7

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger164 View Post

nice shooting musicman. is the glock22 used for competition or more so SDefence?
That's the best thing about the 22 it can really be used for anything, but the g35 is the pure .40 competition pistol

Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks Tugger

Like i said that glock is crazy insane. No mine is not set up for anything except to throw lead at things. Hehe. It's gen 2 so rail for light. I do have a CT laser grip on it. To show the versatility: buddy of mine takes his along with his 243 to the woods to hunt due to lots of dogs and bobcats etc. his gun had a misfire at a deer and couldnt reload. Pulled his g22 and popped 2 in a doe at 40 yards and killed her good. Same buddy went fishing in his boat. Caught a gator and a 40 put the gator to sleep. Mine is pretty new to me but with those stories and the exp i have at the range. I would bet $ on the glock any model. 100 rounds of my own through it and 4 different brands no failures. Again. You will not be sorry. Even if you decide you dont like the .40 round you can get conversions for 9mm or 357 sig. But you cant go wrong with glock and ignore those glock haters

Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #9

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

A local shop had one for $379, don't know what Gen it was, but it's a glock. I thought about getting it, but I think I'll get a bullpup SKS stock, instead. Crazy decision, you might say, but the stock prolly won't be around forever, but the glock 22 will still be a good buy for the price.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #10

I came to this forum looking for information or personal experiences with the GLOCK 26. So which brings me to asking the question about the 26. Good, bad, and/or ugly experiences? Looking to buy one new very soon. Thanx-Jason