Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   new york trigger (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/new-york-trigger-16991/)

roosterjuicer 08-16-2009 03:31 AM

new york trigger

does anyone have a "new york trigger" on their pistols? my wife wants me to get one or not have a bullet in the chamber when i concealed carry for obvious safety concerns of hers, the validity of which do not need to be discussed here.

my questions are, how much harder does the trigger pull in felt weight to you? does it still have that glock "2 stage" trigger pull i have come to know and love ?

and by "2 stage" trigger pull i mean i have noticed that as you squeeze the trigger on a glock there is a significantly noticeable "halfway" point which allows me to squeeze the trigger halfway essentially and then squeeze the other half of the way and thus I know exactly when the gun will shoot. i know it sounds silly and convoluted but it has helped me immensely as a shooter.

so to put it another way, will a new york trigger make my glock "feel" the same only i will have to pull harder or does it change the trigger to the point where if i was blindfolded i wouldn't be able to tell it was a glock?

another thought of mine is possibly getting a snub nose .38 revolver?

i feel like a .38 is smaller and easier to conceal than my glock 26 and im not crazy about how they shoot but i could shoot well enough with a D/A only revolver to properly defend myself at a moderate range. I think i wouldn't mind having a SA/DA revolver if my glock will be changed too much. so go ahead and throw your thoughts in on that too.

thanks in advance.

roosterjuicer 08-16-2009 03:54 AM

additionally, if anyone has any opinions on the safe-t-block tell me what you think

CHLChris 08-23-2009 04:42 PM

rooster, I too love the 2-stage trigger as you call it. Someone I know has a black powder musket and was very interested to see that it has 2 triggers. After cocking back the hammer, the shooter squeezes the rear trigger, which only sets the front trigger. Once the rear trigger has been squeezed, the front trigger only has, like 1 or 2 pounds to squeeze it. It very much reminded me of the 2 stages of the Glock trigger, only 100-200 years of difference in technology.

Sorry, don't know anything about a NY trigger. I carry one in the chamber, but I know you're not saying that this has anything to do with your wishes or worries. :)

Ram Rod 09-07-2009 04:02 AM

I finally installed a 3.5lb connector and a NY1 trigger spring in my G17 for Steel Challenge. I think it's awesome. No two-stage trigger as you call it. I rather liked my Glocks stock for a long time, but this combo just works soooo well for me. I lack one part for putting it together for my wife's G19. And when my Glocks are not going to matches, I'm going to swap the combo out of my G17 and put it in my EDC G23. The combo of the 3.5lb connector and NY1 spring (8lb) pretty much net a steady, smooth pull of around 6lbs, and the 3.5lb reset. Wonderful IMO!

Gojubrian 09-07-2009 04:10 AM

RamRod,

I would not put any type of trigger job on an EDC gun. The legal repricussions of doing so if you have to use it could be detremental to say the least. I've read articles in gun mags about ccw's and they all agree...no trigger jobs, period. They sited cases where the shooter, even though legal, was persecuted because he had a trigger job.

As far as the steel shooting goes....rock on!! :cool:

Ram Rod 09-07-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 156312)
RamRod,

I would not put any type of trigger job on an EDC gun. The legal repercussions of doing so if you have to use it could be detrimental to say the least. I've read articles in gun mags about ccw's and they all agree...no trigger jobs, period. They sited cases where the shooter, even though legal, was persecuted because he had a trigger job.

As far as the steel shooting goes....rock on!! :cool:

The combo of the 3.5lb connector and NY1 trigger spring actually goes over stock pull. It is widely accepted now. I hear that even Glock now endorses the 3.5# connector/NY1 trigger spring for duty/carry. This was termed the 'Holy Grail' now that it would be more defensible in a court of law. I believe several law enforcement agencies are already using this combo in their issue Glocks. Don't ask for references yet......I'm still searching myself.