Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > new RTF yes or no?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 01:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default new RTF yes or no?

Ive been looking around on the internet at these do you like or not so much?http://lundestudio.com/2009SHOTShow/Day1Lo/2009shotshow-01152009-040.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2009, 01:32 AM   #2

I dont care for them at all if you try to CCW it will feel like sandpaper on your skin IMHO

Old 08-21-2009, 02:07 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

So Glock finally decides to actually change something on their pistol, and they go with changing the slide serrations, and the grip stippling?

What about the plastic recoil guide?

What about the dust cover issue (due to the flex engineered into the dust cover, a heavy enough attachment may result in decreased performance - btw, I'm not so sure of the credibility of this, but I've heard the complaints)?

What about the sights (i.e. offering night sights as standard or something like that)?

What about getting rid of the hexagonal barrel so reloads will no longer be an issue?

What about changing the anti-grip angle?

Maybe lowering the retail price to a more realistic number?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #4

Liked 240 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Sarge-
Few people have trouble with the plastic recoil guides as far as I can tell. Metal ones could conceivably rust or corrode.

I have a set of tritium sights on a pistol and consider them impractical. I tried them out in a darkened room and mistook one of the rear dots for the front sight. They aren't easy to pick up. I'm not impressed...

The present Glock barrels last forever, increase velocity a little and are easy to clean.
Aftermarket regularly rifled barrels are available for better accuracy.
Shooting reloads from a Glock is probably a bad idea no matter what barrel you use, because a weakened, reloaded case could possibly burst in the Glock chamber causing a Kaboom ( KB! ). This has been discussed on www.thegunzone.com .

I think the grip shape rather than the angle is the problem. Still, the Glock can be shot accurately, if not in perfect comfort.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I have a 22 RTF and have no issues with it. If you have an extended range session, it will chew up the meaty part of the palm. So I would say "yes".

27 Words keep us "free"