New to me Gen 3 Glock 27
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New to me Gen 3 Glock 27

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Default New to me Gen 3 Glock 27

Hey guys, tonight I bought a used but like new G27 with TFO night sights for a nice price... $500 and it came with three magazines with Pearce finger extensions, a Bianchi #5 holster, two Center of Mass magazine belt clips and 450 rounds of ammo, about 1/3 JHPs. The guy selling it had moved to a 45ACP and wanted to upgrade his AR so wanted to dump all his 40S&W stuff.

Couldn't find a thing wrong with it so paid cash on the spot. The serial number dates the pistol at May 2004 but it looks almost new. He said it only has about 300 rounds through it and I believe him. Really nice gun!

I've been carrying my G23 but this is much smaller for CCW once I find the right IWB holster. The Bianchi is a nice range holster. I love the Center of Mass belt clips. I will miss the G23's 13 round mag as the G27 mag is only 9 but you can carry a 15rd mag as your spare.

Anyway, I was real lucky to see this ad and get there before anyone else, it was just what I'd been looking for. These things never happen to me! I know this will be a handful to shoot but with the Pearce finger extensions you can get a good grip on it. Should be just fine. If it works out I may sell my G22 since the G23 and G27 are all I need but the G22 does make a great night stand gun. I'll have to give that some thought, no hurry.

I'll try to get a decent picture up tomorrow and hope to get to the range this weekend to try her out.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got the metal-lined mags with my gen 4 g26. Can't get the bottom of the mag off to save my life. Pisses me off. I got the pierce grip extension but can't install it. Have fun with your new glock

Old 12-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

How expensive are the Gen3's normally? I paid $550 after tax for my Gen4 new in the box. Also, was it used much? Look like it needs a barrel replacement yet? I ask because the last "good deal" I almost took up was so shot up it had a smooth bore (no rifling left at all). I figured it had been thru the ringer with several shooters, or maybe was even a rental.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #4

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

Sounds like a good price considering all the bells and whistles you received. They make grip extensions that will allow you to add 2 and the grip extension makes a huge difference in range shooting. I would feel just fine with the standard mag in a SD situation but I do carry with my mag that has plus 2. I picked up an IWB holster from theholsterstore.com and it's been really nice. Enjoy !

Old 12-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #5

Finally got some pictures taken. Man it's windy outside, I may not get it out to the range this weekend.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcohio View Post
I got the metal-lined mags with my gen 4 g26. Can't get the bottom of the mag off to save my life. Pisses me off. I got the pierce grip extension but can't install it. Have fun with your new glock
They do come off but it's hard the first time. You have to find a finishing nail, punch or Glock tool that fits the hole in the floorplate then push the internal plate down an inch and to the side. Now squeeze in the middle of the sides of the mag body near the floorplate. Squeeze harder. Now push off the floorplate partially (press against a table, etc.) and catch the mag spring with your thumb as you slide off the plate. It will come off. Look for videos online for more help.

______

Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcohio View Post
How expensive are the Gen3's normally? I paid $550 after tax for my Gen4 new in the box. Also, was it used much? Look like it needs a barrel replacement yet? I ask because the last "good deal" I almost took up was so shot up it had a smooth bore (no rifling left at all). I figured it had been thru the ringer with several shooters, or maybe was even a rental.
A new Gen 3 is about $30 less than a new Gen 4, however they normally come with two mags instead of three so the cost actually is about the same if you want more than two mags.

Nothing wrong with this used one, I definitely checked it out as I always do when buying any gun, especially used.

______

Old 12-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #8

More on the new Glock, I have to say I very impressed with the TruGlo night sights. RecklessRegard summed it up perfectly in another recent thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessRegard View Post
I have TFOs in my 26 and I love them. They are great in ALL light levels. The Trijicons on my other glock are okay at night, but they don't give a very good picture, for me, in bright or low level light. I highly recommend TFOs.

______

Old 12-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I say you got yourself a very nice deal. All the extra goodies you got with the gun makes it a steal. Night sights alone cost like $100 bucks, plus all the ammo, i wouldve bit too.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #10

Thanks, Glockpotion23, it was a deal that I just couldn't turn down, the night sights, ammo and other goodies are easily worth at least $250 so I figure I got the G27 and three mags with Pearce finger rests for $250.

I have a G22 and G23 plus lots of magazines so it mades sense to complete the .40S&W trifecta. Was planning to get a G27 early next year but had to jump on this one.

Here's a picture of all three Glocks, left to right: Gen 3 G27, Gen 4 G23 and Gen 2 G22.

______

Last edited by Quentin; 12-03-2011 at 09:40 PM.