new - to me -G21 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > new - to me -G21

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Picked it up yesterday. Fits my hand well, trigger is better than I thought it would be. Will try to take it to the range Friday or Saturday, weather and in-laws permitting.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #12

Default Pictures

Sir; me is waiting; and ''pictures'' go good with descriptions

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 11-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte1 View Post
Sir; me is waiting; and ''pictures'' go good with descriptions
weather & in-law fest are conspiring against a range day today, but I have some photos. Here it is...

dscf0160s.jpg

and with some safe-mates

dscf0159s.jpg

S&W m915 (9mm), a replica of a colt 1862 police revolver, and a much used and appreciated Security Six

Old 11-29-2010, 05:07 AM   #14

Default Glock 21

Very nice stable, indeed. I had a S&W M&P in .45ACP, but I could never get used to the trigger. It was long and heavy, so I sold it to a buddy. I also had a S&W Mod 22 in .45ACP at the time, and enjoyed shooting it without losing brass--but the revolver really slammed my hand despite custom grips. I looked around and found a G21. Although the grip is much larger than the M&P, the trigger was the clincher for me. The gun came with night sights, which seems like a waste when one mounts a laser/light combo on the accessory rail (the night sights become silhouettes with the flash light). However, the laser and the night sights are compatible, and once adjusted to a 15 yard zero--every corner within my house is in zero range. Recoil with the Glock is manageable as the grip is hand filling and the recoil comes straight back--no pain.

copy-dscn0045.jpg   copy-dscn0046.jpg  

Last edited by MRFranks; 11-29-2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: add another photo

Old 12-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Reloads in Glocks

I'm confused. The paper work that comes with each Glock clearly states that the warrenty is invalid if reloads are used. Yet I see guys shooting competition with reloads all the time. What gives? Thanks, Dogwalk

Old 12-12-2010, 05:34 AM   #16

i`m new here also. but not new to the glocks . i love the glocks in the .40 & .45 . but i simply love the glocks in 21sf & 30sf models .

Old 12-14-2010, 02:40 AM   #17

Default G21 is a damn fine gun!

I've carried my Glock 21 for close to a year now and I can tell you I'd never carry anything else on the job. I have large hands and the fat grip is perfect for me. Comfort is the most important thing when it comes to shooting (after saftey of course) and I have always had to purchase and apply a Hogue grip on the smaller caliber Glocks I've had.

P.S. When you disasemble it, don't freak if the spring comes loose. The majority of Glock 21 springs come lose when you disasemble it. The gun is fine and in working condition if you can still rack the slide. Good luck and happy hunting.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:54 AM   #18

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalk View Post
I'm confused. The paper work that comes with each Glock clearly states that the warrenty is invalid if reloads are used. Yet I see guys shooting competition with reloads all the time. What gives? Thanks, Dogwalk
Every piece of lawyer trash paper that comes with any new gun says dont use reloads.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #19

Default Range report

Was able to get to the range the other day to try this out. Went better than I hoped. At home, when dry-firing, the trigger felt strange, but at the range, it was fine (guess I psyched myself out). It was accurate enough for any competition that I am able to do. Yeah, it's a keeper.

Thank for all of the input.

ken

Old 12-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Reloads in Glocks

Due to the fact that the Glock barrel is not supported, all reloaded brass is weaker can be a concern. This is why aftermarket barrels are available. Yes, a lot of competition shooters use reloads in their Glocks, but use differant barrels. You can contact Glock and get their story. Enjoy your Glocks as I do. Dogwalk