Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New to group/glock 20sf vs 29 sf thoughts appreciated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Also agree with Cane: I spent a lot of years bow hunting in NW Montana in areas with active Grizzlies, and I always strapped on a Ruger Blackhawk .41 Magnum, loaded with 220 grain solid bullets behind a hot H110 load. I would have prefered a double action revolver, but couldn't afford one then. I've always liked the .41 over the .44, but unless you handload, the .44 would be the way to go (or even a .460, but I don't think you can get one with a shorter barrel...)

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 02-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigGambler View Post
You would be really suprised how many people out there think like that. I wasn't trying to be condesending to anyone, it's just a saying I have when you are chossing a firearm for self defense(2 legs) vs. hunting(4 legs).
Don't worry, that was just a failed attempt from my side to brighten things up a bit. I really know too little on this subject (Bears) except that I like revolvers, and shoot .44Mag as often as I can.

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******