Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > NEW Glock23! Pull left?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1455 Times on 1016 Posts
Likes Given: 731

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHeaven View Post
My wife got drunk and gave me my Christmas present early. Oh Happy Day. I have heard Glocks tight rifling causes it to want to kick up and left. Any truth to that, before I test it out? Any advice for a new Glock owner period is appreciated.
Shoot it from a vise, or at least a very solid rest. Don't spend money on "improvements" until you know what's going on. Choose mainstream brass new factory ammo.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #22
KJL

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Squeeze not pull

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 04-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #23

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My suggestion is to dry fire, dry fire, dry fire. Get some Snap Caps or the like and learn the trigger break and reset. If you are shooting from a full trigger pull every time it will go left. Like it was mentioned earlier, use the short reset. Once you get this down, you groups and accuracy will improve.
Good luck and keep us informed.

"Just because I ain't sayin' it, don't mean I ain't thinking it"

Old 04-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 176 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Default Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHeaven View Post
Shot it today, pulls left. It is definitely the gun...the H&K doesnt do that and I can feel it happening. Great gun though, trigger is easily controlled. May just have to adjust my targeting.
Had lots and lots of Glocks...some shoot left - some shoot to the sights. My advice is to send this one down the road and get another one. I've sent the ones that shoot to the left back to the factory and they just send it back to me with a target shot by one of there service people with all the holes in the center of the bull and say it's OK. I take it out and it still shoots left...it leaves my house for parts unknown. I take my other Glocks along and they shoot fine. Don't waste your time trying to "fix" it, just get another. I know it will be touchy because it was a present, but when you get one that shoots to the sights - keep it! I currently have only a half dozen or so, but they all shoot to the sights and did from the beginning. 9's, .40's and .45's - the caliber doesn't seem to make a difference. When I was shooting the Gunny Challenge in Conyers, GA, a few years back, the GSSF guys brought 3 guns for us to use, as always, and one of them shot left (they all had terrible triggers and didn't group - they patterned). No matter which matchmeister used it, it shot so far off it made all of us who used it look like amateurs. Even if you practice, dry fire, use the excellent charts that have been posted which explain why shots are off target, some Glocks shoot left. Best to say, "get thee from me," and try another one. You will find one that shoots to the sights!

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh