NEW Glock23! Pull left? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > NEW Glock23! Pull left?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
He was referring to the recoil characteristics of the gun, not the point of impact. Many people DO tend to shoot left (low left) with a Glock until they train their trigger finger to do what is is supposed to do. The opposite is true of lefties, they tend to shoot low right
Yep, got a buddy who just bought a Glock and he is shooting low left. Other than my earlier post, got any advice ? I had a "Left-Gremlin" for awhile w my XDM but thankfully, I managed to drive it off.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

My guess would be he's anticipating and squeezing his fingers at the last moment. Another cause could be jerking the trigger. Or he could have invited Flinch along. Throw in a snap cap and see what happens.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Shot it today, pulls left. It is definitely the gun...the H&K doesnt do that and I can feel it happening. Great gun though, trigger is easily controlled. May just have to adjust my targeting.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #14
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Shoot it more. It's a safe bet that it isn't the gun itself. A projectile moving in a straight line is going to create an opposing force in a straight line. As was stated, try adjusting your grip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Firearms Talk mobile app

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHeaven View Post
Shot it today, pulls left. It is definitely the gun...the H&K doesnt do that and I can feel it happening. Great gun though, trigger is easily controlled. May just have to adjust my targeting.
Sorry, but it is definitely not the gun. It may be the gun/human interface, as in hand versus grip size. It could also be user error, as in a technique or grip problem. If you were to clamp that thing down in a rest it would shoot true.

Glocks are not for everybody. Many people buy them for the ergonomics, many people hate them because of the ergonomics. I have two Glocks, both in .40 S&W. The sub-compact G 27 feels like an extension of my arm. Within the limits of the cartridge/gun combo, if I can see it, I will hit it. It's as natural as pointing my finger.

I also have a G 23, the bigger brother to the 27. I'm not that good with it, and doubt I ever will be. There is absolutely nothing natural about the feel of it. What's the difference? The 23 allows me to get my little finger on the grip, and that screws up the whole grip geometry for me.

In the last 40+ years I have been fortunate enough to have the the perfect gun for me twice, and they couldn't be more different. The Glock 27, and a S&W Mod 19 4" with Mustang grips. The Mustang grips were very skinny, but very deep with a pretty good palm swell, and they made the gun as natural as it could possible be for my hand. Two guns, totally different, but both fit my hand perfectly. When you get that one gun with the perfect fit, you will know what I'm talking about.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 98

I have one gun that just shoots straight. Not the extension of my arm and it does not point as well as an original Colt single action but I have yet to meet anyone who could not shoot this gun and at least hit the Tgt. It is an all steel Colt Officers w 2.5lb trigger n custom sights.

While at the range one day, a gent had several really nice Sig pistols but his pride n joy was a mini Glock in .40 cal. I was dubious, as I pretty much hate everything about Glocks except the cheap price, (Even that is gone these days)
but I have to admit, as long as I did my part, this gun hit where ever it was pointed. (50ft - in - this baby was lethal) While I am not a fan of Glocks or 3 finger grips - this Glock performed beyond my expectations.

I have shot quite a few glocks but that one was special. I have no idea - who, what, when, where, or why - the gun did what it was designed to do & then some. Everyone should have at least one gun like this in their inventory.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 12-21-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHeaven
My wife got drunk and gave me my Christmas present early. Oh Happy Day. I have heard Glocks tight rifling causes it to want to kick up and left. Any truth to that, before I test it out? Any advice for a new Glock owner period is appreciated.
just practice with it. Use the short reset to your advantage. Take care and love it. It will love u back
Old 01-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

The funny thing is, I have had that same experience. I shot a friends Glock and hit everything I was aiming at from 25 yards. The G23 has a feel to it that it is hammering sideways. I use a two handed, stable grip and can feel it wanting to knock my thumb out of grip. That said, still love the gun...just need to shoot it more.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #19

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Check the sights? Not uncommon to have to push the rear one way or another just a smidge...

Helpful chart...

pistolcorrectionchart.jpg  

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 01-04-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #20

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The best thing you can do with a Glock 23? Order a Lone Wolf cut rifled barrel with a target grade crown. Shooters discovered 300 years ago rifled barrels are just more accurate.