Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   NEW Glock23! Pull left? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/new-glock23-pull-left-101746/)

TxHeaven 12-19-2013 02:26 AM

NEW Glock23! Pull left?

My wife got drunk and gave me my Christmas present early. Oh Happy Day. I have heard Glocks tight rifling causes it to want to kick up and left. Any truth to that, before I test it out? Any advice for a new Glock owner period is appreciated.

SSGN_Doc 12-19-2013 02:32 AM

Never noticed any abnormal rotation when shooting any of my Glocks.

Leave the copper colored grease on it for the first hundred rounds (if its brand new and if they are still putting it on there from the factory.)

Buy ammo and shoot lots.

MisterMcCool 12-19-2013 02:32 AM

Congratulations on the pistol and the wife. Try it out. It might be perfect.

mountainman13 12-19-2013 02:33 AM

Don't shoot cast lead rounds.

robocop10mm 12-19-2013 02:42 AM

Rifling does not cause the twiting motion of the pistol during recoil. If it did, it would act the same with either hand. Shoot it with your left hand and it will recoil up and to the RIGHT!

A handgun recoils to the path of least resistance, your fingers and away from the greatest resistance, your palm.

John_Deer 12-19-2013 03:19 AM

I don't like double action only pistols. I have no problems hitting the target with any Glock I have shot. One of my best hunting partners loves Glock. I really like the Glock 20. I have owned a Glock 23 and a Glock 32. All of the pistols were combat accurate.

Gonzilla 12-19-2013 03:36 AM

If the gun shoots left, odds are good you have too little of your index finger on the trigger - you "pushed" it Left. Change grip would be my second suggestion. Polymer guns are sensative creatures.

90% of the time, it's YOU. If you continue to have problems, then have someone you trust try the gun out. If it continues to shoot Left - then have the sights moved. Everyone has the Left/Right Gremlin once or twice. Not always easy to Kill the SOB but it can be done.

Doc3402 12-19-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxHeaven (Post 1462216)
My wife got drunk and gave me my Christmas present early. Oh Happy Day. I have heard Glocks tight rifling causes it to want to kick up and left. Any truth to that, before I test it out? Any advice for a new Glock owner period is appreciated.

A drunk woman that gives you guns? Has she got a sister? <grin>

In my experience there is no truth to that rumor concerning recoil. My advice would be to make sure the firearm is empty, then check it again. Now you can make sure there is no obstruction in the barrel. If the barrel is clear take it to the range and shoot to your hearts content. With the exception of checking the barrel, do not clean the firearm for at least the first 100 rounds. It's also very easy to over oil a Glock. Check the YouTube videos for the proper care of this brand.

TxHeaven 12-20-2013 01:44 AM

Thank you. It is just rumor at this point. Glad to hear there is no basis. I have not shot it yet, plan on it this weekend.

robocop10mm 12-20-2013 06:22 AM

He was referring to the recoil characteristics of the gun, not the point of impact. Many people DO tend to shoot left (low left) with a Glock until they train their trigger finger to do what is is supposed to do. The opposite is true of lefties, they tend to shoot low right