New Glock! Yay. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

New Glock! Yay.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Shoot it a bunch and then see what you want to do. I've changed the trigger connectors on the Glocks I owned (all in .40 or .45), but I have fired others belonging to friends and family that I wouldn't have done that to.

Having some kind of light is a good idea, whether you attach it to the gun or carry it in hand. Give some thought to how you plan to employ it, and that will help you decide what kind of light and sighting options you want, if any.

The greatest advantage of a weapon-mounted light is also its biggest pitfall. You are pointing a loaded gun wherever you point the light, whether it's at a bad guy creeping through your living room or at your kid going to the potty. Your personal circumstances will decide.

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
William S. Burroughs

Old 10-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #22

Thanks utf. Very good advice. I'm gonna shoot the heck out of it Saturday and then see what additions, if any id like to make. Thanks again?

Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #23

I mean thanks again! Lol

Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #24

I put a Punisher slide plate one on my glock23 4th gen. and it didnt interfere with anything function wise. If you are going to carry it I would suggest that you dont lighten the trigger at all. I think my favorate upgrade that I did to mine is the extended slide stop lever and extended mag release. Other than that go out and shoot the hell out of it.
O AND GOOD CHOISE ON THE GLOCK...HAVE FUN

Old 10-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #25

I alway thought Glocks were the ugliest handguns made until I got my G26 9MM with night sights and man do I love that thing. Trying to decide on a primary carry glock now. Congrats on ur purchase.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #26

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 57

I always thought Glocks were cool looking

Old 10-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #27

Glocks look kinda like a Porsche, designed for function over form. Bottom line is it's a gun, does it function reliably. The Glock 19 is on my short list for my first gun. I have medium to large hands, how does it fit your hands?

Old 10-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #28

I have pretty big hands I play guitar and do jiu jitsu so my grip is pretty important. When I ordered it I knew it was the compact version not sub compact but I was still a little worried it would be too small. It actually fits PERFECT. Pinky doesn't hang over the end or anything. I just bought my hollows for home protection and a holster for carry. It's a very nice piece. I'll let you know how it shoots tomorrow.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:48 AM   #29

Oh yea and it does look pretty cool

Old 10-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kystang90 View Post
I alway thought Glocks were the ugliest handguns made until I got my G26 9MM with night sights and man do I love that thing. Trying to decide on a primary carry glock now. Congrats on ur purchase.
Oh, I still think they're ugly but my various Glocks seem to match up pretty good with me. For instance, my G23 and me are both blockheaded, ugly and scare children. She shoots a heckuva lot better than me though :/