New Glock! Yay. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

New Glock! Yay.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 71 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Like putting in a pool at your house, tacticool upgrades to a Glock pistol are something that will not likely increase the value. Just keep that in mind for the day you might want to trade it away.

I would just say to start with things that will improve the function, not necessarily the way it looks.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:52 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I love the compact Glocks. They fit my hand perfectly and for me, point naturally.
IMO the only add-ons I would consider would be night sights and/or a Tac Light.
I wasted some money initially on my first Glock on a Butt Plug and a guide rod laser. Although the unnecessary Butt Plug is still installed, the laser sits in my nightstand drawer.
I only use my Tac Light when the gun is on my nightstand. I no longer keep the light attached when I go to the range because it gets totally mucked-up with residue from shooting.
I do feel that the light gives you an edge in a nighttime defense situation. To avoid giving away your position with the light, it can be strobed and pointed at the ceiling for illumination.
You, of course, will decide for yourself how to personalize your pistol. You have purchased one of the finest sidearms on the market. Enjoy!

Old 10-23-2011, 03:12 AM   #13

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Wise choice sir! You'll be plenty impressed with Glock. Shoot the living snot out of it! Things that might help you that I did to mine...
Try the lone wolf stainless guide rod and Wilson recoil buffer. I didn't care for the snappiness of my g17 and installed those....love it even more-Less muzzle flip. I've had mine since the end of January and over 3000 rds later....not one single problem. If you want a tiny bit more accuracy with tighter groups and if you're possibly going to be shooting reloads-Kkm precision barrel. If you want a crisper trigger and a 4.5# pull as opposed to the 5.5#, recommend a ghost Inc trigger connector. But....before you do ANYTHING to it....put at least 500 rds down range and you might decide you don't want to change anything at all. Just a suggestion. The thing you'll love about the glock, its easy as heck to do anything to. Very simple design.
Happy shooting and Congrats on the purchase!

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 AM   #14

Thanks so much for all the info guys!!! Will def look into it all!

Old 10-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #15

image-3106629392.jpg

There she is in all her glory!

Old 10-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #16

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Single tear. She's beautiful

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #17

Oh lord I know it. You should have seen me un box her for the first time...amazing.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:30 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwolf
Oh lord I know it. You should have seen me un box her for the first time...amazing.
Alot of people think Glocks are ugly. I think they are a very good looking handgun! Enjoy your Glock!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:07 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glore View Post
Alot of people think Glocks are ugly. I think they are a very good looking handgun! Enjoy your Glock!
I used to be one of them. I've been assimilated...G19 was my first. Love the compacts. I'd love a 10MM compact length slide. Congrats on the G19!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #20

Thanks guys! Taking her to the range Saturday I'll let y'all know how it goes