New to Glock, what sights do I have?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New to Glock, what sights do I have?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 01:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New to Glock, what sights do I have?

To make a long story short, I sent in a Gen 3 piece of crap G23 to the factory and for a fee, they replaced it with a refurbished Gen 4 G23. Mine are glowing dots. They're not real bright, but you can see them in the dark well enough. Are they factory night sights? Thanks for answering what might be a stupid question.

12FRETTER

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2014, 01:31 AM   #2

Liked 2190 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 475

Probably. Most aftermarket sights will have markings in it. My Trijicons say Trijicon. My Meprolights say Mepro.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:11 AM   #3

Can you replace the sights yourself or does that need a gunsmith?

12FRETTER

Old 01-05-2014, 02:35 AM   #4

Liked 2190 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fretter View Post
Can you replace the sights yourself or does that need a gunsmith?
They make a sight pushing tool for the rear. Not sure how the front is attached on a Gen 4.

On Gen 3 and earlier guns I've changed my own sights with a padded vice to hold the slide and a Delrin punch, and duct tape to pad the sight and slide while I drifted it in with a hammer. Sometimes a fine file or polishing stone is needed to get the sight ground down just a bit to be able to get it started, but don't get crazy and take off too much metal or you will have a loose sight.

The from sight on the gen 3 and earlier guns usually comes with a screw and a wrench along with red loc-tite. Fairly straight forwArd for changeing out. At have to apply a little heat to the old sight if it has loc-tite already on it.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #5

What you said:

They make a sight pushing tool for the rear. Not sure how the front is attached on a Gen 4.

On Gen 3 and earlier guns I've changed my own sights with a padded vice to hold the slide and a Delrin punch, and duct tape to pad the sight and slide while I drifted it in with a hammer. Sometimes a fine file or polishing stone is needed to get the sight ground down just a bit to be able to get it started, but don't get crazy and take off too much metal or you will have a loose sight.

The from sight on the gen 3 and earlier guns usually comes with a screw and a wrench along with red loc-tite. Fairly straight forwArd for changeing out. At have to apply a little heat to the old sight if it has loc-tite already on it.

What I heard:

Don't do it yourself you dumbass, just let someone else do it who knows what the heck they're doing.

12FRETTER

People Like This 
Old 01-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #6

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fretter View Post
What you said:

What I heard:

Don't do it yourself you dumbass, just let someone else do it who knows what the heck they're doing.

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET