New to Glock: Trigger Questions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New to Glock: Trigger Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New to Glock: Trigger Questions

I've been shooting and reloading for a few years. I had accumulated so much .40 brass that I decided I needed to get a gun to go with it. I bought a Glock 35 and like a lot about it:
Its ultra reliable, easy to clean, low cost parts, easy to add accessories. If was stranded and had to pick one pistol for hunting and PD it would be a Glock.
The only thing I don't like is the trigger. I have mostly shot S&W revolvers up to this point and they have great triggers.
Here is what I've tried up to this point:
I got a 3.5 lb disconnect and spring kit. I smoothed all the parts and installed the disconnect and springs. It was lighter and smoother. I next got a Vanek "Classic trigger" it's even smoother and lighter, but still a very long pull and I never know when its going to break. It looks like the next step is a $250 ultimate fulcrum trigger or something like that. How close to a "glass break" trigger can you get with aftermarket parts? Am I trying to make a Glock do something it was never designed to do? I'm trying to make a Glock into a kind of a Bullseye gun and maybe that's just not possible for that platform. Should I just let the Glock be a Glock and move on to a different pistol with a better (for me) trigger?

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited by jeff423; 06-19-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I've never heard of or seen a Glock with a 1911 "glass break" trigger. It may be possible; however, I doubt I'd invest that kind of money. Perhaps you may want to look at another platform and keep the Glock for what it is - a Glock...

Old 06-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3097 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Once you try a 1911 with the correct trigger setup at approx 4lbs, you may forget about the G.., the Gl...., the Glllooocck (there, I said it).

S&W revolvers and 1911a1's are the only handguns I have found that I can get decent trigger pulls on.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I've never heard of or seen a Glock with a 1911 "glass break" trigger. It may be possible; however, I doubt I'd invest that kind of money. Perhaps you may want to look at another platform and keep the Glock for what it is - a Glock...
I couldn't agree with you more. Turning a Glock into a match grade target gun is like marrying a midget and asking her to wear 18" heels to look taller. Makes no sense to me. If you want a tall wife don't marry a midget. (political correctness alert!)

Old 06-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I'm impressed with the Glock's accuracy. For a cheap pistol it's very good. I think with a better trigger it could be great. However I don't think this is the market they are going for.

Jeff

Old 06-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff423
i'm impressed with the glock's accuracy. For a cheap pistol it's very good.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #7

You'll never find a pistol that equals the trigger of the 1911, IMHO...matter of fact, the feel either. the SA pull on my 4566TSW is almost as good as a 1911.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
You laugh at the perceived slight on Glocks, but Jeff is right. Glocks are alot cheaper than a Sig or a Kimber. For a cheaper gun they hold their own.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #9

Let me clarify my position: For a quality pistol the Glocks are very cost effective.

Jeff

Old 07-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff423 View Post
Let me clarify my position: For a quality pistol the Glocks are very cost effective.

Jeff
Exactly...