New to Glock with some Q's - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

New to Glock with some Q's


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,926
Liked 1240 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Default

Snake, my new 23Gen4 has very little side to side slide motion at the rear while my 1997 G22 Gen 2 is fairly sloppy. Both work 100%.

The Gen4 was very stiff when I got it but finally starting to loosen up some. Also it was hard to get the slide back on until I got about 100 rounds through it.

Which model did you get? And congrats on the new gun, I think you'll like it.
__________________
______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
________________________________________
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
Quentin is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 49
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Snake, my new 23Gen4 has very little side to side slide motion at the rear while my 1997 G22 Gen 2 is fairly sloppy. Both work 100%.

The Gen4 was very stiff when I got it but finally starting to loosen up some. Also it was hard to get the slide back on until I got about 100 rounds through it.

Which model did you get? And congrats on the new gun, I think you'll like it.
Its a 3rd gen ive had my eye on a 3rd gen glock for awhile and wanted something new in caliber the gen4 is pretty nice i just like the 3rd gen grip better but thanks for the insight i hate the nagging feeling thinking something might be wrong
SnakeDoctor is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,428
Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor
Its a 3rd gen ive had my eye on a 3rd gen glock for awhile and wanted something new in caliber the gen4 is pretty nice i just like the 3rd gen grip better but thanks for the insight i hate the nagging feeling thinking something might be wrong
There is nothing wrong in addressing a valid concern.i would rather ask a question and have the comfort of knowing everything is normal. The only dumb question is the one that you dont ask. Happy shooting
__________________
Semper paratus.....virtute et armis
MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,926
Liked 1240 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
Its a 3rd gen ive had my eye on a 3rd gen glock for awhile and wanted something new in caliber the gen4 is pretty nice i just like the 3rd gen grip better but thanks for the insight i hate the nagging feeling thinking something might be wrong
Lots of people like the Gen 3s better and they usually cost $35 or so less, so nothing wrong with that. The Gen 4s kinda stumbled out the gate too, with the 9mms giving more reliability issues than you'd expect from Glock.

Which model did you get?
__________________
______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
________________________________________
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
Quentin is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 49
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Lots of people like the Gen 3s better and they usually cost $35 or so less, so nothing wrong with that. The Gen 4s kinda stumbled out the gate too, with the 9mms giving more reliability issues than you'd expect from Glock.

Which model did you get?
its the glock 22 i love the .40
SnakeDoctor is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,926
Liked 1240 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
its the glock 22 i love the .40
Me too and that's why I got a 22 and 23!
__________________
______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
________________________________________
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
Quentin is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
voyager4520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado Springs,Colorado
Posts: 13
Default

Yeah it's normal, at least with recent production Glocks. The recent production Glocks have even looser tolerances than older production in some cases.
__________________
G23 G27
voyager4520 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Glock & +P; +P+ ammo?? What does Glock say?? Dillinger Glock Forum 42 02-21-2014 08:28 AM
Frame from 3rd gen Glock 32 interchangeable with 2nd gen Glock 19/23? FlintandSteel General Handgun Discussion 3 02-09-2011 04:19 PM
Returning a Glock to Glock trashman1 Glock Forum 7 12-21-2009 04:07 PM
Glock 29 recoil vs Glock 20 BigMac10 Glock Forum 3 12-03-2009 05:07 PM



Newest Threads