New to Glock with some Q's
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New to Glock with some Q's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New to Glock with some Q's

I just bought my first glock i feel like i joined the dark side and well....I Like it haha but seriously i just got it and i wanted to know because after racking the slide a few times getting the motion down ive noticed when the gun is uncocked the slide in the rear moves oh so slightly but that makes me crazy now ive heard its normal because the glocks are built for tolerances so a little wiggle room is good i just want to make sure its ok for the gun to be so new yet kinda loose so if anyone cant help reassure me that would be just awesome!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-18-2011, 03:10 AM   #2

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Maybe I dont understand what your asking. Im not understanding the "rear slide". Whdn does it happen? Holstered or when your handling it? Can you explain in greater detail?

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:15 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
Maybe I dont understand what your asking. Im not understanding the "rear slide". Whdn does it happen? Holstered or when your handling it? Can you explain in greater detail?

What i mean is that at the rear of the slide sorry it moves very little when uncocked but when i have a mag with atleast 2 bullets or if the gun is cocked it does not move and i just want to make sure that this is normal

Old 10-18-2011, 03:29 AM   #4

It is normal for glock to have a minor slide "wiggle". All my glocks do it.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 AM   #5

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Are you meaning moving a little from side to side or sliding slightly back in the same direction as if you are charging it? If you have the weapon unloaded and are applying slight pressure on the slide "like you are going to cock it" it will move slightly back just a fraction. It will not do it loaded because it has a seated round in the breach

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #6

The slide is fitted "loosely" to be more reliable. I fractional movment from the slide to move to the rear is normal. You will here about people complaining about this when holstering their glock.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:44 AM   #7

Alpha is right, Glocks are just made with looser tolerances, you can place the palm of your hand over the muzzle and just barely push and the slide will move "unloaded" of course... Sounds like you just have a normal Glock

Old 10-18-2011, 04:19 AM   #8

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I'm sure you've read all of the threads about the fine fine 1911's whose slides don't have a micron of wiggle. The jiggles of a Glock are just one part of why the hardcore 1911er's look down on the Glock.

But they are just different pistols for, perhaps, different purposes. I think everyone should have both!!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #9

A glock is a good weapon, like night and day from a 1911...but still a good gun.i do own both

Old 10-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Are you meaning moving a little from side to side or sliding slightly back in the same direction as if you are charging it? If you have the weapon unloaded and are applying slight pressure on the slide "like you are going to cock it" it will move slightly back just a fraction. It will not do it loaded because it has a seated round in the breach
its wiggle side to side and i just wanted to make sure this was normal im the kind of person who notices things that are harmless but until i get a definitive explanation it worries me but im glad to know that its normal for the side to side wiggle which is very slight anyways