Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New glock sights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New glock sights?

I just got a 3rd generation glock 17 for competition/ uspsa. I only intend to use this gun for competition. I wanna stay in the production/ stock class. I like the xs big Dot sights on my sig alot, but was wondering how they would do in competition. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB
I just got a 3rd generation glock 17 for competition/ uspsa. I only intend to use this gun for competition. I wanna stay in the production/ stock class. I like the xs big Dot sights on my sig alot, but was wondering how they would do in competition. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
They should hold up just fine. Did you threadlock your sight screw on your Sig?

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 02-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #3

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah, I used thread lock, my initial concern was the xs big dots are considered combat sights, not target sights.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book"

Old 02-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #4

Take a look at the 10-8 sights for Glock. The rear sight is serrated and plain black, and they have different types of front sights. I've got them on my 19, which is my EDC gun, and I went with the tritium front. For competition I'd recommend the Fiber Optic though.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"