New Glock Owner - Problem - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock Owner - Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If you just bought the gun? Why would you go home and clean it if it was already brand new? And that's a pretty funny picture. Good luck with that buddy

Old 08-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanG23 View Post
If you just bought the gun? Why would you go home and clean it if it was already brand new? And that's a pretty funny picture. Good luck with that buddy
Why wouldn't you?? You just buy a weapon, put it in the safe, then take it out and shoot it whenever you get around to it??

I field strip and clean EVERY weapon I purchase - down to the bare components, because I want to know if there is ANYTHING out of the norm, out of place of just plain doesn't look right.

JD

Old 08-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Why wouldn't you?? You just buy a weapon, put it in the safe, then take it out and shoot it whenever you get around to it??

I field strip and clean EVERY weapon I purchase - down to the bare components, because I want to know if there is ANYTHING out of the norm, out of place of just plain doesn't look right.

JD
Another reason you want to clean a brand spanking new firearm is to remove the oil that is on the gun, leaving it on the gun can cause problems.

Amp

Old 08-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #14

Liked 241 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The problem is not simply the slide being off the rails. The recoil spring is not seated in the front of the slide. I would try to grab the front of the recoil spring/guide rod assembly with some small ( maybe needle-nose )pliers and pull it out. Then see if you can force the slide off.
Ignore the advice to get a different make of gun. Few are as proven in actual service as Glocks.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Have you taken it to a qualified gunsmith or a certified Glock Armorer in your area yet? It might be wise to do that. You may run risk of damaging your weapon if you try to yank the slide off yourself.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #16

Did you ever fix your glock? You haven't you haven't told us yet.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #17

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Again....... Astounded by your infinite wisdom......... I hope nobody actually listens to your "advice" here or in your neck of the woods.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 09-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #18

Quote:
I was just asking a question. I didn't know it was necessary to clean a brand new firearm.

and if your astounded by my "advice" or wisdom. how about you keep it to yourself, instead of being a wise guy? make you feel more like a man? psshh
Sorry but BAD advice needs to be pointed out before someone else heeds said advice........consider it a public service announcement.

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 09-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #19

Even though it's new doesn't mean it's clean. It's been sitting at a shop getting handled, collecting dust and it was test fired at the factory.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #20

Quote:
I'm just confused. lol
NOW we're on the same page, thanks for coming around.......

Tags
glock17, mistake, newbie, problem, reassembly