Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > New Glock owner needs help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 04:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

http://www.glockmeister.com/

Old 06-01-2008, 04:38 AM   #12

If this were Glock Talk I wouldn't answer this question. (Because I'm sick of hearing it!) Your new G-17 is perfectly normal. You could fix the symmetry of your dust cover at home by dipping it in hot water for a minute or two and, then, pressing it against the flat edge of a table; however I, personally, wouldn't encourage you to do that.

In the past 6 months it seems like every new Glock owner on the planet has discovered this feature. True, it doesn't occur on ALL Glocks; but, myself, I consider it to actually be an advantage; and, I wouldn't think of changing the upswept dust covers on either one of my daily carry Glocks.

This is because when a Glock fires the frame tends to flex upwards between the trigger guard and muzzle. If you, also, hang a gun-mounted light on there the pistol can actually start to bind. It's been my own experience that my Glock frames seem to flex less (or more slowly?) if the end of the dust cover sweeps upward and makes contact with the slide.

Me? If I can't see the recoil spring on a Glock, then, I'm uneasy about using the pistol for anything serious. Now, the next complaint is usually; 'Why does my new Glock's barrel point, upward, at the sky when the slide is locked back?'

Last edited by G21.45; 06-01-2008 at 04:40 AM.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
Now, the next complaint is usually; 'Why does my new Glock's barrel point, upward, at the sky when the slide is locked back?'
I am not complaining but why does the barrel angle up?

Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 AM   #14

In order to allow the bullets in the magazine to catch the lip of the feed ramp and pass smoothly into the chamber.

(Thanks for asking that!)

Old 07-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #15

Quote:
In order to allow the bullets in the magazine to catch the lip of the feed ramp and pass smoothly into the chamber.

(Thanks for asking that!)
Cool, thanks

Old 08-08-2008, 01:26 AM   #16

You guys are amazing! So we drop the rear of the barrel, the chamber, downward, in order to allow a round to enter smoothly?

Old 08-08-2008, 01:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie View Post
You guys are amazing! So we drop the rear of the barrel, the chamber, downward, in order to allow a round to enter smoothly?
Hey, I'm always willing to learn. If you have a better understanding of how Glock's polymer frame works, then, by all means don't be mysterious: Share your insight with the rest of us.

(Or else, shut up!)

Old 08-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #18

Quote:
Hey, I'm always willing to learn. If you have a better understanding of how Glock's polymer frame works, then, by all means don't be mysterious: Share your insight with the rest of us.

(Or else, shut up!)
Wow you are very ARROGANT!

I believe what he was referring to is the fact that you used the term BULLET
Incorrectly instead of the correct term cartridge.

I will refer you to the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Lesson Plan II
Page III-15 that will explain the four components of a pistol cartridge.

You need to be careful of how you post in this forum. People will see your NRA Instructor logo and take what you say seriously.

Shame on you!

saxmanchop,

As a certified GLOCK Armorer & Armorer Instructor please feel free to contact me about any questions you have about your GLOCK.

Telling people to SHUT UP is not very polite!

Tom Perroni

Last edited by DCJS Instructor; 08-23-2008 at 11:31 AM.