Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   New Glock owner needs help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/new-glock-owner-needs-help-3599/)

saxmanchop 03-06-2008 06:05 AM

New Glock owner needs help

Hi All,
Just bought my first Glock, a G17, and fired it tonight. After firing my second mag., I noticed that the front of the frame looked funny. After closer inspection, I noticed that the front of the frame was curved slightly upward. I could actually see through the space between the slide and frame. It wasn't like this before I started shooting. What happened? Is this what they mean by "Glock flexibility." I disassembled the gun when I got home and verified that I wasn't imagining things at the range. Is this normal or should I take it back and have the store take a look at it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely
saxmanchop

stogie25 03-06-2008 11:09 AM

I have a Glock 21. I have had it for years, and shot it a lot. It still has a perfect fit. I would take yours back if it doesn't.

Samhain 03-06-2008 12:41 PM

That does not sound right at all, bring it back.
Try calling Glock and see what they say.

GLOCK, Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
U.S.A.
Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202
Fax: +1 770 - 433 8719

allmons 03-06-2008 05:04 PM

I have a Model 17 circa 1985 -

and it does NOT look like what you describe.

My first thought is unload it and have it checked before firing again. It might be some normal variation ( I haven't seen what the new Glocks look like up close ), but if you have any doubts, do not fire the weapon.

:)

Doug1627 03-06-2008 06:38 PM

Do you have any pics?

If I am understanding correctly this is normal.

Doug1627 03-06-2008 06:53 PM

Taken from an article on Glock's.

Does this help you at all?

Starting with the barrel end of things, this gun already appears attractive. Like art lovers appreciate the works of Picasso… I find myself admiring the curves and bumps of the latest firearms – and this one is quite a cute little number. The Glock 17 is most noticeable for its strange curve underneath the barrel, immediately before the trigger guard.

ranger_sxt 03-06-2008 07:15 PM

That's actually normal.

saxmanchop 03-10-2008 02:57 AM

New Glock owner needs help

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your quick responses. I really appreciate it. Sorry it took me so long to get back, but I have been away from my personal computer and haven't had time. Since I started this thread, I've gone to 3 gun stores, including the one that I bought the gun at, and l called Glock in Georgia. It seems that most of the ones I looked at, especially the 9mils, had the same curve to varying degrees. You can see through the gun to the other side at the nose end. One of the store salesmen told me that it was a common question. So I guess it's normal. I still wish mine didn't do this, since I do like "Perfection" as advertised. I'm hoping that the look of the gun will grow on me as it did with you guys. Thanks again for your quick responses. I'm sure I'll have some more questions as I shoot my Glock more.

Thankful newbie, :D

gnoll 03-13-2008 05:29 AM

dude a sloppy action is wat makes glock a glock

saxmanchop 03-15-2008 08:30 PM

Yea, I get it now. Thanks all.